HybridZ

You guys might like this

I've been pretty busy after work the past few weeks.

SL380903.jpg

SL380904.jpg

pics_from_the_month_049.jpg

pics_from_the_month_079.jpg

pics_from_the_month_145.jpg

pics_from_the_month_084.jpg

pics_from_the_month_078.jpg

It's a compound turbo setup for a 2JZ-GE in my 1986 300ZX hardtop. It uses a GT35R/GT42R combo to spool quickly and make tremendous power. What you end up with is a lagless and super fast small engine.

That's cool, but I think what I love most is that it's in a 86 300ZX, that's just awesome.

Are you running an auto or manual tranny?

What do you do for work? That's quality stuff right there.

OK, I can't tell which is which. I see the top turbo is feeding the bottom one. Is it the 35 feeding the 42 or vice versa? I'm guessing it's the bigger feeding the smaller, and the smaller one has a second inlet before the bigger one spools up!!?!?!? Maybe there's no second inlet, it's behind the radiator in the 3rd pic.... MORE PICS PLZZZ.

He works at http://www.boostlogic.com as their primary fabricator. You can get information about this compound kit at that link.

He's using a R154 transmission from a MKIII Supra Turbo.

That's cool, but I think what I love most is that it's in a 86 300ZX, that's just awesome.

Are you running an auto or manual tranny?

What do you do for work? That's quality stuff right there.

OK, I can't tell which is which. I see the top turbo is feeding the bottom one. Is it the 35 feeding the 42 or vice versa? I'm guessing it's the bigger feeding the smaller, and the smaller one has a second inlet before the bigger one spools up!!?!?!? Maybe there's no second inlet, it's behind the radiator in the 3rd pic.... MORE PICS PLZZZ.

Is this the final boost logic kit? Looks a lot more "final design" than the pictures I have seen on Supraforums.

Or is this just a cusom adaptation for your car?

What ratio is needed between the small turbo and the large turbo?

SupraForums has the latest and most accurate info on this. His setup is basically a one-off. Just pay attention to the posts from Kean and Chris Johnson and you'll get all the info you need.

setup is avail. from boost logic now, the price however is inline with the quality of work, not cheap lol.

i wish i had 1/4 the fab skill involved here... the fit on those pipes is so damn tight he probably used about 1 rod of filler for the whole damn setup:shock: