HybridZ

2009 MSA show pics

auxilary

IMG_1846.jpg

dohc l31 tt, it does exist! (i never doubted it :) )

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

ok guys, good luck figuring this one out!

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

I don't believe it's a jag rear end, but a copy of one

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1945.sized.jpg

Q45 v8 in a Z31.

All pics here (200 or so):

http://www.datsunracing.com/gallery/20090426

I'll eventually get around to rotating the offending ones and uploading them properly :)

It was pretty cool to see some new stuff this year. Ever since i started going to MSA in 98, its been the same old same old handful of cars. This was my first year in 3 years ive went to the show. I can only tolerate still cars for so long. I think 280zforce and i stuck around for 1 1/2 hours.

I had more fun sitting in his backyard listening to the waterfall in the pool afterward. :flamedevi:burnout:

well, i've only gone once before, in 2003. So to me, it was quite a different layout of cars. Capt_furious has never been to msa, so i think he enjoyed it quite a bit.

Thing with same annual shows is unless you're bringing your own car, it's not as fun, and once you've seen one show, you've seen them all.

I did get some good ideas about what to do with my Z by looking at other cars though, and that was a good enough investment of time for me

The one with the wood dash kinda looks like a boat. Kinda like some tattoos, it looks cool and is different, but just not my bag baby. Dose anyone know who makes the turbo intake sitting under that carbed Z? I can read Turbo Toms on the upper, but I dont know, is that a kit?

It was a pretty good show this year. I've put my car in both last year and this year but don't think I will next time. It's fun, but getting up at 7 wasn't :icon45:

The 370's look great in person though, and that was worth it for me. Also, to those that didn't get a chance to go the bbq, go next year. It was a blast! The fact that my friend brought his '69 GTO made it even better :mrgreen: haha

Yea the show is getting lamer every year.

I completely disagree with this statement and disappointed that you feel like the show “gets lamer each yearâ€â€¦actually a little shocked.

I feel like the show has improved considerably in quality and attendance over the past few years. The new location in the Canyon adjacent to the lake is awesome, there is lots of parking, it’s a quiet location and there is lots of room to bring the family, far more superior than when the show was on Collins in front of MSA’s shop.

The organization for the show is simply superb, from the grouping by generation, classes and also overall layout, the booths, the vendors, food and bathroom facilities. This is an A class show.

I spent well over $600 to fly out to MSA from Colorado to attend the show and really support MSA, and take in the great cars. It is always motivating and inspirational to see other gear heads with the same passion. It was great to speak briefly with Dave Coleman (from Sport Compact Car who attended), KTM (Bo), Justin (280ZForce), David K, Bernadd and Jeff Pridy, if this show went away these opportunities would cease to exist.

Furthermore, to keep our hobby alive and support for these cars alive, we need to continue to support companies like MSA and other Datsun Vendors to keep making parts that Nissan have long forgotten about in order to keep our cars running let alone modifying them.

BTW..I saw your car and love it and was honored to see (once again) in the metal. Maybe you are spoiled that you live in car heaven (SoCal).

I am sorry that you the show did not live up to your expectations, it far surpassed mine, and I have been going to MSA since 2002 or 2003 and will continue to do so until I am crotchety old man.

Regards- Yasin

I am sorry that you the show did not live up to your expectations, it far surpassed mine, and I have been going to MSA since 2002 or 2003 and will continue to do so until I am crotchety old man.

Regards- Yasin

Yasin, i love you. You make me want to get another Z.

I was there but probably won't be showing my car until next year after I get it painted (I was on deployment and my car cover blew off...so my paint got baked in the sun for 8 months and got ruined).

I had the black 240Z with Longchamps in the parking lot. There was actually quite a few nice looking rides in the parking lot.

I had a great time. For once the weather wasn't so hot. I agree with Yasin, the new location is great, much better than in front of the store. It was pretty cool to finally get to see Jeff P's car for the first time, Aziza's car now that the LS1 is in, have a chat with Bo about intercooler piping and meth injection, etc.

I was glad my car got a little more attention this year since my engine bay is pretty decent now. I think quite a few people got a kick out of the head gasket on my cowl panel blown in 6 places as well.

Yasin, i love you. You make me want to get another Z.

Right back atcha brother, good too see you after so many years. Looking forrward to seeing you at High Plains this year. I think you need to get another Z as well :)

I had a great time. For once the weather wasn't so hot. I agree with Yasin, the new location is great, much better than in front of the store. It was pretty cool to finally get to see Jeff P's car for the first time, Aziza's car now that the LS1 is in, have a chat with Bo about intercooler piping and meth injection, etc.

I was glad my car got a little more attention this year since my engine bay is pretty decent now. I think quite a few people got a kick out of the head gasket on my cowl panel blown in 6 places as well.

Ah...I actually spoke to you, my first question to you was "Which EFI were you running?"..good to see your car and chat and I do remember the blown HG on the cowl. Glad you made it home safely.

Regards - Yasin

Haha, that hg sparked my interest as well. Twas good to meet you

just thought I would throw up some pics I took as well. It fit the heading. Thanks again to everyone who went out this year and gave me plenty to look at.

If anyone has a problem with their car on here, ill take it off no problem.

hopefully i'll be in this show next year

IMG_2265_thumb.JPG

IMG_2268_thumb.JPG

IMG_2269_thumb.JPG

IMG_2273_thumb.JPG

IMG_2277_thumb.JPG