HybridZ

turbos that fit.

speedyshark

Was wondering if a turbo off of a Grand national and the intercooler would work on a vg30e motor. Or would one off a Mitsubishi eclipse work? found a guy how has both and I want to go Turbo.Or would it be better to get another kind.

Hey how tall are you guys driving thies cars? I ask becuse I need to find why my seat wont go back to see if I fit ok or not. I am close to 6'4 and 300lbs.

z31's have no problems taking tall people. i'm 6'0 and feel tiny in the seats.

anything with a t3 foot on the turbine will work for turbo's, internally gated makes things easier, you'll probably have to fabricate a new downpipe/elbow becuase nissan's t3 outlet flange is unique.

have you read up on the turbo swap and what it requires?

• 4 weeks later...

Im 6'4 and fit really well, but if it wasnt t-top id have problems. You want to feel small? drive a 1990 maxima, I had to have the seat forward some... My 1982 maxima, I have the front seat in the back seat lol.

I wouldnt use one off of a eclipse, they are so small, I think smaller than a t25, try to find one off of a 300zx or a 280zx. or a diesel truck but that needs work to work.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Was wondering if a turbo off of a Grand national and the intercooler would work on a vg30e motor. Or would one off a Mitsubishi eclipse work? found a guy how has both and I want to go Turbo.Or would it be better to get another kind.

Hey how tall are you guys driving thies cars? I ask becuse I need to find why my seat wont go back to see if I fit ok or not. I am close to 6'4 and 300lbs.

GN yes. Eclipse no...for the reasons a previous poster mentioned. The easiest way if you're doing this yourself is to have a stock z31 t3 rebuilt as a t3/t4.

Obviously you need much more than just a turbo and an ic. As flatblack280 said... look for a complete setup. Even better would be a 84-87 z31 turbo parts car.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

6'8" 225#, 225# of dogs, we all fit...:)(yes, I realize the car is overloaded) Bye the way, 2 HX52 Holset's ARE GOING to fit on mine.

An HX52 is not going to fit in the stock location. If your talking about relocating both turbos it's totally irrelevant to this thread.

Edited by Nissanxrma