HybridZ

Pictures of my S130

JhnRX7

I posted these over at ZDriver already, but I figured I would post over here as well.

About 6 months ago I picked up my first DSLR and decided to start an automotive photography hobby. And of course my test subject of choice is my '83 280zx (NA).

Enjoy.

3168685630_f5aa3f9010.jpg

3241699553_10e27f5781.jpg

3167854449_9780f4aa31.jpg

3171232557_051f284ddd.jpg

3321456982_9651dcd255.jpg

3320622933_22980b1d91.jpg

3025383417_10377d5388.jpg

3397115076_d46e19e841.jpg

3472742506_a654df4fe8.jpg

And a setup shot:

3471749057_6089eb6395.jpg

Images link to my flickr page. Click to view large.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the second one. The car just looks so freaking shiny.

Very nice

WOW! Very Nice! How did you do the black trim?

Thanks, It was originally done when the car was painted, however I have had to re-do some parts since then. You just simply tape off everything VERY well, sand down the trim with a scotchbrite pad to give it a rough finish for the paint to stick to, and paint with desired color. Spray paint works fine.

John,

You got some skills with the camera for real. Please come over and take some pictures of my Red/Black AE and my convertible for me. Thanks.

Vinh

Thanks, I will definately take some shots of your Z's for you... Once this rain stops :(

Beautiful car and fantastic photgraphy skills...complimenting each other. My choice would be a different wheel combo and lower the stance..then perfect!

Yasin

Thanks! I am actually waiting on drift_zx to complete his coilover setup and if it is good I will be purchasing a set. I am also currently on the lookout for some oldschool mesh wheels: Enkei 92's, riken's, BBS RS', etc. :cool:

what dslr are you using? and what settings were you using if you dont mind me asking? Im trying to expand my style and i love how crisp your pics are and the usage of aperture. I shoot with a nikon d60 btw =].

The bumper trim looks better :D

Yeah, I attempted to fix that a couple of weeks ago. Its still not perfect, but its better.

what dslr are you using? and what settings were you using if you dont mind me asking? Im trying to expand my style and i love how crisp your pics are and the usage of aperture. I shoot with a nikon d60 btw =].

I am shooting with a Canon XSi.

Each image is a link, if you click on it you will be linked to the flickr page of that picture. While there, you can comment on pictures, view the picture large, or you can click "more properties" which shows all EXIF data for that image (including all settings used for that shot).

I have been shooting mainly with my Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM lens. Unless I am using my lights, I always shoot wide open at f/2.0 which gives a very nice blurred background. Also this particular lens is one of the sharpest lens' that Canon makes, so that contributes to the crispness of the image.

Where did you pick up the emblem for the horn button? I would love to get one for my car :)

It was part of an MSA kit... im not sure if they sell it separate, or even still sell it for that matter as it was purchased 9 years ago...

• 2 weeks later...