HybridZ

Rota RB-R 16x8 +10

So I bought a set of RB-R 16x8 +10, and got them mounted on some 225/50s. My car is a '73 240z. As luck would have it, they do not mount up, at all. The place I went to said I need new studs AND spacers for both the front and rear. I was expecting the front (5mm) but not the rear. The car is on Tokico lowering springs and Tokico struts.

What am I missing here? Were they totally wrong? If I do need spacers and studs all around, what length studs are people using with these wheels? I guess I don't know the stock dimensions of 240z studs and I am just hoping someone can inform me of this. I did some searching, I am sure it is out there but I came up with nothing. I posted this in the 16x8 RB-R group buy thread, but haven't heard anything yet.

I really appreciate the help, a friend just wrecked my car a couple of days ago so since it is in the shop, I figure I'll take care of this now. Ruined a perfectly good set of American Racing libras.

$%&* life, haha.

dominic

I have to measure them, but I think they are the 67mm...they would only go on the fronts with the center cap removed, but they still need a spacer. That should stick them past the fenders WHICH will cause rubbing. I'll post pictures as soon as i can, thanks for your help guys so far...

You can't fit the front wheels with the center cap. You should have went with the +04 offset instead. If you are using 5mm+ spacers I would recommend longer studs. Check challenger's thread in this same forum titled "Will I need longer studs."