HybridZ

Prodbodies Fiberglass Panels

Thats the body work Don Ahrens was using last year. I was told the hatch and hood did not fit at all by somebody else that was building a GT2 car. They used to be owned by Doug Piner a former Z racer from the east coast.

Personally the air dam looks like a snowplow!! and a rather small air inlet at the front. But, having the headlight bucket and fender one peice would make life easier.

I quite like the rears in that pic, and with a little work, I could see the fronts looking good too. Slap a type 3 on the front and widen it, and I'd rock it.

On the other hand, this reminds me of... what was the name of that website? Showcars-bodyparts, thats it. The website reminds me heavily of it.

Clark,

These parts are typical fiberglass race parts. To build a show car out of them, you'd need to be a good body guy. I know the owner of these molds. I know Ahrens ran them the last year he ran his car. Frankly I think they're ugly and aero wise increase the frontal area too much. Good to see you at Daytona. Sorry we couldn't talk more but I was really worried about my clutch. I stay pretty focused on race weekends unless everything is working perfectly.

See you.

Greg

:wink: They are out of Greensboro, NC and use to be Japco. I am going to go up there this coming week to take a look at their kit and see my grandkids at the same time. I am looking at putting it on a 240Z I am turning into a race only car. Don't know if the flairs will fit the rims I want to run. May have to go to the IMSA style kit. Looking at 16X12 on back and 16X10 for the front.

If Ahrens ran them, they must not be too bad. A little boxy but fine for racing. Not too sure about the air dam. I think I could wrap some composite for the same effect.

No problem Greg. I know the routine. That 3-4 hours between sessions seems like 15 minutes sometimes.

Reminds me of my first car, a corvair that had been completely primed (tires, windows, trim, etc.). Took me weeks to get it all off so I could get it painted. The day I got it from the bodyshop some drunk guy ran into me 100 ft from the shop and totaled the car.

:wink: They are out of Greensboro, NC and use to be Japco. I am going to go up there this coming week to take a look at their kit and see my grandkids at the same time. I am looking at putting it on a 240Z I am turning into a race only car. Don't know if the flairs will fit the rims I want to run. May have to go to the IMSA style kit. Looking at 16X12 on back and 16X10 for the front.

Greetings,

Will you be so kind and please place close attention to their Zcar Rear hatch, i.e how strong you think it is, and if it can be mounted with the stock rear hatch components (of course mod require), nevertheless any info will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex