HybridZ

240z 72' SR20-t fuel system question?

Ok, so I plan on doing this swap pretty soon, have pretty much everything except the fuel system needs. Im pretty sure the stock tank and the small rubber fuel lines is not up for the job. I know Id need a walbro fuel pump along with a adjustable fpr but what about the fuel tank and fuel lines? I know a simple way would be to do stainless braided lines and a "fuel cell" I have a 240sx gas tank would that fit? Do I need a custom one made? What are my options?

Thank you in advance

You can run 5/16" line for feed and return.

If you are going to run the stock tank i would definitely suggest on running a secondary fuel pump with a surge tank to keep the engine from ever starving from fuel.

Well the feed line from the tank will go into about a 5psi electric pump that feeds into that surge tank, that tank has that line going in, one going to the walbro and also a return coming from the fuel rail and then the return to the tank as well.

Seems confusing but its relatively easy to figure out. They also sell aluminum surge tanks on eBay i believe that are really nice quality. Double check them for leaks before using them though.

Thank you, yes, does sound confusing but I get the idea. The first fuel pump would be the one thats stock in the tank now or do I need the walbro 255 in there first then a second walbro from the surge tank? Or a 5psi electric fuel pump from the stock tank then onto the surge tank?