HybridZ

Just about ready for paint

BQR280Z

Hey guys,

Tell me what you think of my new mods for the Z.

Shaved door handles, welded up and smoothed cowl panel, fiberglass hood, reshaped front end, side vent scoops, narrowed Ford GT rear difuser. Paint will be Viper Race Yellow with white stripes.

DSC_0015_thumb.JPG

13834_thumb.attach

13835_thumb.attach

13836_thumb.attach

I find it interesting that you went through the trouble of shaving the door handles and smoothing the cowl, integrating the front airdam to the fenders and put in custom taillights, yet you left the stock sidemarker/reflector holes and the stock antenna hole. I think it would look cleaner with no sidemarkers and a roof mounted or hidden antenna.

Hehehe are those truck / trailer side markers you used for tail lights? They look really familiar! I believe they make LED versions of those, that would look neat too. Nice mods, should look great all painted.

I find it interesting that you went through the trouble of shaving the door handles and smoothing the cowl, integrating the front airdam to the fenders and put in custom taillights, yet you left the stock sidemarker/reflector holes and the stock antenna hole. I think it would look cleaner with no sidemarkers and a roof mounted or hidden antenna.

agreed...

There are pictures of this car in the forums here somewhere with those tail lights and the yellow paint, with white stripes and the pop up sunroof. Had trophies on the front of it in the pictures.

Are you going to change the rear bumper from the flat piece of metal it had on it before?.

I like the pics of the rear of it. Are you changing the wheels on it?.

This time around I'm going bumperless. And yes wheels are getting changed. From 15x7, zero offset to 17x8, 40mm offset w/R compund rubber. You are right about the pics of my car, it was just showing its age a little and the hood was starting to bubble bad. So it was time for a face lift, but I still like my color/stripe package.

Bill

FL000021_thumb.jpg

13878_thumb.attach

This time around I'm going bumperless. And yes wheels are getting changed. From 15x7, zero offset to 17x8, 40mm offset w/R compund rubber. You are right about the pics of my car, it was just showing its age a little and the hood was starting to bubble bad. So it was time for a face lift, but I still like my color/stripe package.

Bill

Do you happen to know the name of the wheels in the older picture? I've got a set of 14's I'm going to be using on me car. Just wondering what they're called because no one seems to know lol.

Thanks

The wheels are Enkei "Blades" I still have the 15" with tires if you are interested. The Enkei's are aluminum modular wheels, there are some pressed steel knock-offs that have the same basic shape.

Since I do my own painting, a face lift was not that big a deal, although a gallon of Viper Race Yellow cost $246.00 yesterday. The first time I painted it the same gallon was $130.00.

Bill

The diffuser is from a Ford GT, not a Mustang but the $175,000.00 Ford GT40 replicas. I used to work for a company that cut the roofs off Gt's and made open roadsters out of them X1's. The GT's are considerably wider than our Z's so I cut material from the center and narrowed it.

Bill

SANY0004_thumb.JPG

gtx1-3_thumb.jpg

The wheels are Enkei "Blades" I still have the 15" with tires if you are interested. The Enkei's are aluminum modular wheels, there are some pressed steel knock-offs that have the same basic shape.

Thanks Bill, I've seen the pressed steel ones before, but mine look exactly like yours (minus the yellow anyway lol). Whats funny is that two of them had cragar center caps and two had american racing center caps haha.

Thanks again.