HybridZ

Side skirts on SDI Blue Z

I was looking at the windtunnel thread again and when looking at the pictures of the SDI Blue car I started wondering how the side skirts there are routed underneath the car because you can tell it goes under there. Does anybody know? Just curious

They start at the TC/ frame rail pickup point and run back along the lower seam of the unibody/rocker...Bob, the windtunnel engineer said that those rockers were straight out of F1/Indy car thinking... Lots of things on Roddy's car are VERY impressive and subtle...

You want to be even more impressed? Compare HIS times to that of Zcars with much more HP. All that little stuff works, and works well!

And he's a hell of a drover to boot!

Mike

On that note, does he have a build thread of it or maybe a thread with pictures and explanations? I cant use the search feature on my school's network right now or I would do it. Everytime I try to search something on here it always gives me the "Page Cannot Be Found" thing.

Roddy at SDI is a very talented fabricator but is very "hush" about his aero mods due to the small group of other similar z cars that try to stay in front of each other when they get together at Southern road courses like, VIR, CMP, Road Atlanta, Roebling, etc. All in good fun of course, but none the less, we all like to be "up there". I for one have been chasing him for years.