HybridZ

250 GTO

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

Kit Car Illustrated is starting a 250 GTO build up in its Last Chance Garage section, I am Very excited to see this kind of press right at the time I am starting my GTO project. Not ANY usable(i.e. technical) info in this months issue though mad.gif. The last build-up in this series took 3 years eek.gif

Guest Anonymous

Kidding aside, your car is so well done it makes me cringe to even want to put up pictures of my upcoming swap. (which will be Chevy, I finally listened to my wallet and it screamed 'go Chevy dude'). So smallblock, 6sp. as soon as Uncle Sam releases my taxes (any time now.. God I hate waiting for stuff..)...

Regards,

Lone

------------------

http://www.bent8z.bizland.com/index.html

Give Pete some slack! I'm just starting my car and may give him a run for the longest car project.

It seems like a lot of information is available on the GTO conversion. I came across a couple of write-ups from Kit Car and a factory manual for the old Alpha GTO conversion. If you are interested in copies, I could run them off at Kinko's and mail - would pass along the printing/mailing costs.

Beautiful car in its own right.

Al

• 6 years later...

Higuys,

I had a copy of KitCar when they did the Alpha 1 buildup. I think it was back in 1983? Does anybody know the exact date or issue? I can't find my original magazine, and I'd like to see if I can get a new copy (backissue) from somewhere. I met a really cool guy that restores Rolls Royce's, and he want to help with my "McBurnie kit." It would be nice to show him some photos of the build from the original magazine build, or maybe a recent build.

thxZ