HybridZ

350Z SR20DET Drift Car buildup :)

SR240Z

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More pics of your S13 subframe mounting please! I have a complete S13 rear subframe waiting to go into my Z with all SPL links and arms. I'm NOT looking forward to fabbing it in though and I'd love to see more pics of how to did the adapting work.

Now back to your regularly scheduled drift build.

Interesting set up with dual real calipers. All the FD drivers from my area (Texas) are running their hydro e-brakes plumbed into the stock real calipers. Ought to at least make plumbing easier, even if it does require some more fab work.

The s13 subframe swap definitely was not the most exciting thing to fabricate into the car. I will get more detailed pictures of the install once i get them off my moms new nikon she has been learning to use.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm also curious if you did anything about how much wider the track will be in the back. The 240SX is 2" wider than the Z by my measurements.

I'm putting an S12 subframe in the front of my Z and a S13 in the back and I'm wondering how I should deal with the different track widths. I'd be interested to hear your take on it.

In the rear we will be running the BAMF flares which are 1 3/8" wider than regular ZGs and with 18x9.5 with +15 offset and a 265 tire our rear track is sitting at just about 70".

In the rear we are using all Battle Version adjustable links thanks to Alex Pfeiffer. On the coilovers in the rear we are using stock s30 top hats and in the front we are using a Corolla AE86 Camber Plate/Monoball setup that we custom fitted to the strut towers. We are using stock 240z crossmember with S13 Circuit Sports adjustable lower control arms and reverse mounted S13 spindles. We have tons of negative camber in the front now which may be too much.

New pics will be posted up by tomorrow night of the front stance as it sits right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys, I admit I really lacked on keeping the blog updated. Thankfully, the reason of this happening is because we received multiple customers that wanted to do swap projects so we had to put our projects on hold.

But the wait for an update will be over tomorrow night. We have been hard at work lately and actually switched to a different drivetrain platform. To know what it is you will just have to wait and see a little bit until we get the mock-up done... but it will be turbo!

The body of the 350z has been painted a Satin White and we are going to be painting the rest of the parts tomorrow: doors, fenders, side skirts, and the front/rear bumper. The roof was already previously painted satin black and the hatch and hood may also be painted satin black, we have yet to make the final decision.

Be sure to check it out late tomorrow night or Monday morning: www.drftmytail.com or www.alexvillabrille.com

Well the car has finally been painted as promised. Its been a long weekend and we left the shop a mess! Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Here is a small teaser of what we did over the weekend:

IMG_0633-300x225.jpg

To see the final product make sure to check out the blog page. Leave comments if you like!

www.alexvillabrille.com or go to www.drftmytail.com

The car posted above is Chris Forsberg's car when he was backed by Motorex. That car still lives but in orange/black two-tone and still with the SR20.

Today was another progressive day and got some work done on the car. We modified the temporary suspension we have on the car to get an idea of the stance we want to achieve once our new spring rates arrive and we actually install our track suspension. Installed the Arizona Z Car 6-piston front brakes and 4-pistons rear. Also put on the rear bumper. Pictures are courtesy of Joseph Todaro from www.JDMThreads.com

Check out the blog for the complete details and more pictures, but here is a teaser for you:

DSC_0083-300x199.jpg

www.alexvillabrille.com

Edited by SR240Z

A couple more days of super long hours we are able to complete quite a few things on the car. In short we are getting closer and closer each week as we are trying to work on the car every day after 6pm when we stop working on customer cars.

Car is all painted, 1 set of the MB Battles were painted gold, DigiDash installed and pleanty of other parts installed. Check out the entire blog post for complete details at www.alexvillabrille.com but here is a small teaser of how the car sits curently:

IMG_0702-225x300.jpg

Edited by SR240Z

More updates! I painted 1 set of the MB battles gold already. Waiting to get tires so that i can pull the current ones off and paint these wheels gold as well.

We also mounted the engine/trans and got tons of new parts in this week finally after selling the individual throttle body setup. I will be updating the blog again with the final welding/position done on the mounts and many of the parts installed onto the motor to continue the build.

A little teaser, but check out the rest on: www.alexvillabrille.com

IMG_0712-300x225.jpg