HybridZ

New Track Car Build

Mayolives

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sure look nice on your car. Must have had them worked over first.

I guess your luck is better than mine. I bought a pair of the wide rears that came to me looking like dog sheit. I send them back just to get another pair of crap.

He then offers to hush me up I guess, by sending me a full set of his CF wide flares. Well, you don't see them on my car.... you guessed it... I'd have to have a paint guy work them over, and put paint on them to hide the shotty quality.

Don't ask about the $6,000+ worth of LCA's, paid in full for, a bunch of us never received, going on a year now.

Sorry to mention this in your thread, but seeing that name just does something to me now..

280zForce ... aka Z Force Productions ... hmmm

I absolutely love how your Z turned out BAINATSEABOARD !! :2thumbs:

I am sorry to hear about all those problems. I would by upset too if I were in your shoes. I must have gotten lucky. I scotch brite cleaned them and sprayed them. It did take a long time to get them though.

Just google Rota failure and you can read about it. BUT I haven't seen a failure post since 2005 or so, maybe they fixed the issue.

I bought a set as well so I am not hating o you, just curious to your opinions.

I have two new sets with two track days on them. It is too early to tell if they are going to be a problem. I will post any experience I have with them next season fyi

I have two sets of Rota RBs, one set with DOT Rs and the other with Goodyear slicks. They have many track days and time attacks on them. I've dropped a wheel off the track pretty hard a few times too. I've also heard of the problems with these wheels so I check them often. Happy to report so far so good.

Absolutely beautiful car! Well done.

• 3 weeks later...
Hearing the exhaust notes in that video literally gave my chills.

I have been around many fast cars and this one has one of the better exhaust notes I have ever heard. It revs very fast and is absolutely ground pounding. As a passenger, it was impossible to communicate with the driver, even with a wired communication system. It's ear plugs all the way with hand signals as needed. This little V8 rocks!

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, there were problems with the original 383 sbc. After, much thought, it was determined that another engine needed to be built, including using another 350 block. Here are some recent pictures of the new build. (February 2010)

A pair of AFR heads will help this thing breate.

21410025.jpg

With the help of a good machinest, we were able to salvage the old crankshaft.21410015.jpg

Vick Edelbrock supplied the new intake.rebuild002.jpg

[b]JT and Mayolives were present to lend a hand. The real brain power was supplied by JT and mayolives was relegated to lowly grunt work.[/b]21410024.jpg

[b]Who knows, it may even start and run.[/b]rebuild013.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious what the rear wing is, my eyes are dodgey, but it looks to be a twin-element? Who makes it and how much was it? Looks brilliant!

Dave

CIMG1288-1.jpg

CIMG1284-1.jpg

I have the same spoiler, but in aluminum. If interested let me know.

CIMG1288-1.jpg

CIMG1284-1.jpg

I have the same spoiler, but in aluminum. If interested let me know.

APR Performance made the wing. They supplied the wing for the wind tunnel test and will give HBZ members a 10% discount. Their parts are well made and their web site has some good information that will help to determine which product to use for your particular application.

http://www.aprperformance.com/templates/apr2007_table/images/header_adjustable_wings.jpg

• 1 month later...