HybridZ

HPI Rc 240z

MikeBZ

About $200 for the kit, I was one of the first to get one so Im told. I know a guy that runs a hobby shop here. I'll probly have about 600 dollars in mine when done. Keep in mind you could make one run for around 300 to 350 with cheeper parts. But since thats not HBZ fashion mine should outrun nitro cars, or 60+Mph. With a brushless Lipo setup, anyone looking into this kit shouldnt worry. Its a very nice setup, with lots of adjustment.

About $200 for the kit, I was one of the first to get one so Im told. I know a guy that runs a hobby shop here. I'll probly have about 600 dollars in mine when done. Keep in mind you could make one run for around 300 to 350 with cheeper parts. But since thats not HBZ fashion mine should outrun nitro cars, or 60+Mph. With a brushless Lipo setup, anyone looking into this kit shouldnt worry. Its a very nice setup, with lots of adjustment.

$600?!?! Thats how much I paid for, for my turbo setup and ECU and Caltune on the ECU.

As far as going electric, More power doesn't necessarily mean more speed. By this I mean, adding more batteries, means more power, but also means more weight. Look for batteries with the highest voltage AND mAh, with the least amount of weight.

Voltage=power

mAh (mili amps)= how long the batteries will last on a charge.

I am aware of this fellas. This is not new to me, ive been involved in RC for quite sometime now and with the setup ill be running it will be wicked fast. Anyway this isnt about mine, I was just stating I bought one. So if anyone had any questions about the car, they would know someone to ask.

its not battery power you want though. you want a high output motor that can make more power with the same amount of battery power. (but it also means the batteries will die faster)

LiPo batterys!! VERY light weight & extreme out put. Most 20-30c batterys are capable of 100+amps. Mine is good for over 200apms. Plus brushless motors are just what you said. I typicaly see 30min run time on a single charge because the motor is like 85-95% efficiant.

• 2 weeks later...

LiPo batteries are mean SOB's. Lots of power in a small and light package. All my planes fly nothing but Lipo. They are about the size and weight of a pack of cigarettes and can probably crank and start my real Z car!

2200Mah, 12volts+, and 70amps! Tomba, post pics and vids!

AP2200-3S25C.jpg

Maybe not one, but I'd say 4 or 5 in parallel should be able to crank a Z over lmao.

oh, and about the 4 wheel drive thing.

RC cars are generally 4 wheel drive because it makes them more stable. Even the ones designed for drifting. actually, I would HATE trying to drift a 2wd RC car...I tried it when I was playing with my old X-Mod rc car. it had absolutely no control, and on a surface where the rubber tires would drift, it would spin helplessly. toss the drive shaft back in, and it drifted beautifully under total control.

Sure it seems really strange to have it a 2wd, but with the torque electric motors make, it makes sense to make them 4wd

Lipo batteries and brushless motors are no joke! I used to race way before that technology was around, still have a ton of Associated Electrics RC-10 stuff, 2 or 3 complete cars and trucks and loads and loads of spares, was WAY into it about 15 years ago, I haven't touched any of that stuff other than to bash around the yard in the last 10 years at least.

I also had an HPI nitro RS-4 several years ago.

this kit has me thinking nasty thoughts.

also, jc052685, I've seen your R/C vids on YT, very cool stuff...

Big-Phil and I shot a video of one of my buggies racing him on his CRF-50 on the street in front of my house, although I don't think he ever posted it anywhere... it was a dead heat with old NiCads and a Reedy 8 turn, but his 50 is actually a modified 88cc death machine, I've managed to come off of it more than once.:oops: