HybridZ

How to start a auto parts company?

ReefsRocket

Hi my fellow friends,

I have had a idea of making radiators and intercoolers just for people locally first,I know multiple relatives with welders one of who makes roll cages for drifters mostly.My question is where can you find the parts needed and wholesale,and what about any other part how would you go about finding manufacturers?

Thanks

Start by getting a Resale permit from the CA Franchise Tax Board. That will enable you to buy your material at wholesale and collect sales tax on all products you sell. Do a Google or Yellow Pages search for the types of supplies you'll be needing and the wholesalers who can provide them. Make lots of calls and supplier visits in person so they can put a face to a name. Check with your local community on if a business license is needed. Open a business checking account, you'll probably need a ficticious business name statement established by posting in the local newspaper. Always give more than you promise, ship promptly, and price it right.

That business model has worked for me and others. That will be $25, please.

Dennis

Dennis,

Great info on the Business aspect.But i own three skateboard companys and I'm only 17 so i had to learn all the business stuff quickly,My Fault is sourceing products.I brang the radiator idea up today and we thought about Steering wheels for imports,could be fun!

OK, let's try this again. If you read my last post, you'll notice in the 3rd sentence that I mention how to find wholesale suppliers for products - could be radiators, steering wheels, or garage doors. Looks like you're somewhere in the Inland Empire based on your location identifier, so try this Google search by typing the words seen below:

wholesale radiator san bernardino

You'll get 10,300 "sourcing" links as a result. Not all will be what you need, but serveral certainly are. If you have a resale permit for your three skateboard companies, it probably won't work for buying wholesale car parts. So, you'll have to get another one so you can buy "wholesale" and without paying sales tax.

Good luck with the venture. Keep us posted.

That will be another $15, please.

Dennis