HybridZ

Egr block off

jkupp2000

No kits that I've ever seen. Most people just fab up a plate of steel or aluminum to cover the top hole and throw a cap or plug into the bottom hole on the intake manifolds. For the exhaust I've seen people put a bolt in there and then weld it up. You might be able to find a plug that will screw in, but I'm not sure what the thread size would be.

I just cut up one of the heat shield brackets from the engine bay and bolted that on. Just a little massaging with a hammer and a flat surface. I also just threw a penny into the pipe and pinched it off and it works perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, you just need to leave your car alone if you can't measure anything, don't have any tools and don't have the ability to customize anything. Most of us have learned much of what we know from discussion and trial-and-error. You have to muster your motivation and initiative.

Dude, you just need to leave your car alone if you can't measure anything

Why are you talking? Not only am I ASE cert. but I also know how to TIG and MIG weld. I most like done more fab work this weekend then you have done your entire life. The only reason I said most likely is because I got the the race shop late on saturday. Thats the place where I have measure and fabircated most of the late model car I'm helping built.

So thank you for reading all of the post.

jkupp2000 "I would do that but i dont have the pipe or the tube"

Dude, you just need to leave your car alone if you can't measure anything

Why are you talking? Not only am I ASE cert. but I also know how to TIG and MIG weld. I most like done more fab work this weekend then you have done your entire life. The only reason I said most likely is because I got the the race shop late on saturday. Thats the place where I have measure and fabircated most of the late model car I'm helping built.

So thank you for reading all of the post.

jkupp2000 "I would do that but i dont have the pipe or the tube"

Your 'most likely' is not terribly likely. There are lots of experienced guys on here. I've owned a race shop for years and helped several guys run theirs as well.

The reason we state that is that your posts seem to just say 'Help, my arms and legs are broken and I can't figure anything out'. I mean, you can't figure out the size of the pipe? Your only source for caps/plugs is the hardware store? Go back and read your posts and imagine what someone thinks who doesn't know who you are or what your experience is. Calpoly gave you the appropriate answer; practicularly for someone with access and experience to make use of fab materials and employ a welder.