HybridZ

like kid Dynomat extreme 240z

ozzinc

I have finally finished dynamating the car with dynamat extreme, 2 layer process.

I have already started installing the 5 point harness and im also running the wires for my car audio system and the lines and hoses for my boost gauge and my nos bottles

the car audio arrangement is going to be a real killer when I am finished, I have about another 6 hours of work on that to be completed.

240z suspension and interior 031_thumb.jpg

240z suspension and interior 034_thumb.jpg

240z suspension and interior 036_thumb.jpg

im going to go up a little more on the firewall since you mentioned that the engine bay could get a little noisy, as for the rear deck ive got that in check,

and got the matting around the spare tire cavity and wheel well area.

Looks good, just wanted to note that you really should try to take the mat up the firewall as much as you can as well as cover the entire rear deck of the car, LOTS of sound coming from behind you.

Doesn't it get too hot on firewall for the glue on the Dynamat? Isn't there something else that should be used in a high heat area?

Looks great so far. I did the same basic thing after POR-15 coating my floors. I've got one layer of B-Quiet on the floors, inside the doors and on the wheelwells/strut towers.

Thanks guys, im running all the wires for my audio system and then the lines for the nos and boost gauge, I hope that it makes a differents and keeps some of the road noise out.

• 5 months later...
I have finally finished dynamating the car with dynamat extreme, 2 layer process.

I have already started installing the 5 point harness and im also running the wires for my car audio system and the lines and hoses for my boost gauge and my nos bottles

the car audio arrangement is going to be a real killer when I am finished, I have about another 6 hours of work on that to be completed.

The Dynamat stuff looks great, but it doesn't seem like something you'd want for a track car - I'm assuming from the mention of a 5 point harness that you plan to track it, or is that for looks?

I did something similar to a classic car 25 years ago. There can be a lot of issues with an install like that.

Your number one problem is moisture entrapment. The original factory sound insulation is a large part of why these cars rusted out in the first place. The extra mat is only making things worse.

The other issue is weight. That is a HUGE!!! penalty to pay in a sports car who's number one advantage is light weight.

laying down a few coats of por15 before the install would take car of the moister issue. as far as the weight thing goes. if its a street car than weight isn't THAT much of an issue and even that much dynomat. to me the quiter ride would be worth it. i plan on doing the same to mine next summer.

hey jr did you do the roof aswell?

Firewall Insulator at Quiet Ride are real nice are molded to fit the firewall. Said they will send a sample if you call them. they come with the pre drilled holes or you can cut your own out. (for the RHD guys). they are about more then the ones at MSA but I think they would work better.