HybridZ

VQ240z Update: Lots of Pictures

240hoke

Hey Guys,

Well I got out of school for my last summer of college and finally got some time to "finish" my car up. I wrapped up a lot of the details I had always wanted to get around to but never did.

All the electrical is done, and everything works...including the wipers, and power windows! I got my defrost and everything working smoothly as well, wrapped up a lot of loose ends and finally installed the interior. I farmed out the first thing I have ever done on the car and had the carpet put in by a local shop. They covered the shock towers and transmission tunnel for me as well as layed foam down to level the floors with the sub frame connectors.

I also installed NOS door panels along with pull handles. The SPAL power windows ended up fitting very nicely. Anyway the only major thing left is making a console to fit the new shifter location.

I also washed and waxed it for the first time in two years!

I am heading to Zdayz on Thursday and hopefully I will finally get to enjoy the car and put some miles on it! Hopefully some of you guys will be there.

But anyway here are the pictures:

DSC_0171_Large.jpg

DSC_0129_Large.jpg

DSC_0134_Large.jpg

DSC_0138_Large.jpg

DSC_0149_Large.jpg

DSC_0159_Large.jpg

Lemme know what yall think.

Thanks for the compliments guys...Ive spent a long time working on the car and It feels good to be at a point where I can (hopefully) enjoy it.

DeleriousZ - I Haven't decided what to do with the engine bay. I was planning on blacking everything out like my L28 but I'm afraid it will get pretty busy. Just something Im going to have to think a bit on..I'm not usually one for polished engine bits either but a polished plenum and intake piping would look sharp.

Evan - I'm not sure what brand cabinet it is, I bought it off one of my roommates for cheap. I really like it, its a metal cabinet with glass top and good quality gloves. I just need to seal it up a little better and get the light working in it. Cant do without a good sandblaster!!

FlatBlack - I'm going to drive the car and enjoy it for a while and then decide what to do with the motor. It may stay the way it is, as I will be in transition with looking for a full time ME job and a house and all that boring real life stuff. I would love to do a nice front mount single turbo setup in the long run. I actually graduate in December :) finishing my ME degree in 4.5 years with a one year full time co-op.

Ryan - Thanks man, I couldn't decided on the carpet at first, but I'm really happy with they way it turned out.

Joe - Hey you buy me a plane ticket and ill wire your car (Ive gotten decent at wiring I must say :) )....I would love a vacation to Cali.

You know what's funny? That blasting cabinet you have, I've USED one that looks JUST like it. first time using a blaster and it was really easy to figure it all out. the gloves were really heavy duty but they weren't hard to move in. used it to clean up a set of nos vw drums. though the one I used had a working light in it lmao.

by the way, your car looks AMAZING. every time I see it i'm completely in awe at how clean it is.

even if the engine does look totally stock and isn't dressed up at all, it just looks so beautifully clean that I wouldn't want to change anything haha