HybridZ

VQ240z Update: Lots of Pictures

240hoke

Austin,

I haven't seen your car since we were at the wind test and I know the quality of your work is excellent. I really like your new addition and hope to bee it in person one day. Another fine z car rides again! Later, Tom.

I didn't get to meet you Austin, but I did see your car at Z days. All I can say is that it is nicer in person than in photos. Congrats on all the prizes you won (Bastard! ;)) I was very happy to see lots of older Z's as well as tons of highly modified newer models. Beautiful car you have there. Makes me want to get a VQ motor for the flying pickle.

great looking car man. just out of curiosity, is that a carpet kit or did you have it made?? looks great either way.

Not one for reading? Just into pictures? :hs:

Hey Guys,

Well I got out of school for my last summer of college and finally got some time to "finish" my car up. I wrapped up a lot of the details I had always wanted to get around to but never did.

All the electrical is done, and everything works...including the wipers, and power windows! I got my defrost and everything working smoothly as well, wrapped up a lot of loose ends and finally installed the interior. I farmed out the first thing I have ever done on the car and had the carpet put in by a local shop. They covered the shock towers and transmission tunnel for me as well as layed foam down to level the floors with the sub frame connectors.

I also installed NOS door panels along with pull handles. The SPAL power windows ended up fitting very nicely. Anyway the only major thing left is making a console to fit the new shifter location.

I also washed and waxed it for the first time in two years!

I am heading to Zdayz on Thursday and hopefully I will finally get to enjoy the car and put some miles on it! Hopefully some of you guys will be there.

Hey Guys,

Thanks again for all the compliments. Ive been realy busy lately (In a good way :) ) with Zdayz and a trip to florida, which I cut short for a job interview w00t. So I havent had a chance to reply any.

Dave - Yes thats it, I plan on remounting the splitter in some form but I have yet to decide what to do. I need to make a skid plate for the motor or figure out something there and try and maybe tie it in with the splitter. I have raised the ride height of my car up and the lowest point is the oil pan with 3" of clearence.

Pete - I couldnt believe that I won both those prizes :) I cant wait to get out there...prolly will be in my 350z though. Thanks for the props on the car

Mark - The diff is working out well, It has started to whine a little again, but it is not bad at all. I did however set it up WAY to tight. I will be removing all but maybe one shim from the cluch pack for the type of driving that I do. I was skipping all over the place at the Dragon. Come up any time. I should have alot more stuff sorted out and everything ready in a couple weeks.

And speaking of that Zdayz was incredible again as always. Just a great Z event all around. We need to get some more first gen representation out there though!!! There were only a handfull of S30's and a bazillion 350z's. My car did great though and I really enjoyed driving it, it also got a lot of attention at the car show. It proved to be a good shake down and I have a few more little things Im working on and she will be ready to go.

Here are a couple pictures:

DSC_0070.sized.jpg

DSC_0066.sized.jpg

DSC_0036.sized.jpg

Car looks terrible, maybe you should just give up. :-P

In all seriousness I think your car is just a testament to the builder, and all I see is top notch quality. It's just a reflection of your skills, and it looks GOOD.

Man,I love the pictures of your car. I finally got my car running right again. I was at my whits end with it. It was busting up at 5000 and I replaced everything.Datalogged and sent info to Haltech and they didnt know. I started throwing parts at it and the MAP sensor fixed it. Time to turn the boost up and run it at the track in about a week or so. We will get the cars together some time for a twin sibling reunion.