HybridZ

Early 260z Suspension Vs. Late 260z Suspension

I recently purchased a 10/74 260z with the intent to transfer all my parts from my 7/74. I ran into problems with seatbelts, seats, and finally the rear suspension. On my 10/74 the suspension is riding lower than it was on the 7/74. The front is ok. I noticed that on the 10/74 the strut caps were longer than the 7/74 so i changed those out. The car sat fine for about a day, then it dropped. My car now(10/74) sits lower than the front. I have eibach springs and tokico illumina struts. What should I do to make my car sit the way it was before? Can I take the strut towers that originally came with the 10/74 and just change the struts or will I have to get new struts ? Thanks guys --Axel

The late 260/280 strut housings are 1" longer than the 240/early 260 housings. You can section the front 1" or use the 280 rear housings to fix the problem. You can reuse the same struts too, just need a 1" spacer underneath to make them fit the taller housing.