HybridZ

My 240z is Dead!!

Okay so i get in my car to go to schooll and no go. I turn the key to start and absolutely nothing happens. the only thing that happens is a clicking noise. i assume the clicking noise is the acc relay in the passenger side making contact. MY starter doesn't even make a noise, theres no clicking noise. So my question is how to i narrow down my problem and fix it? i had another key switch thing and tried that but same results. Its a 72 240z running carbs but has FI electrical in it also, im hoping nothings shorting out.

Okay so i get in my car to go to schooll and no go. I turn the key to start and absolutely nothing happens. the only thing that happens is a clicking noise. i assume the clicking noise is the acc relay in the passenger side making contact. MY starter doesn't even make a noise, theres no clicking noise. So my question is how to i narrow down my problem and fix it? i had another key switch thing and tried that but same results. Its a 72 240z running carbs but has FI electrical in it also, im hoping nothings shorting out.

possible low battery?

Make sure car is not in gear.

Turn key to on position.

Use jumper cable. Touch one end of cable to + terminal on battery.

Take other end and touch post on starter solenoid.

If car turns over, then you may have a bad connection from the relay to the solenoid. You can take a volt meter and check the output of the relay when the key is in the start position. If it does not read 12v, you may have a bad relay.