HybridZ

Stage 3 clutch

stage 3??? That doesn't mean much without knowing the clutch retailer.

Anyway, all clutches/flywheels interchange from 84-89 NA cars as well as 84-86 turbo cars. They have 240mm clutch/flywheel combinations. The 87-89 Turbo's have a 250mm clutch/flywheel. You can use either on any car, you just have to match the correct flywheel to the correct clutch.

Starters will work with any flywheel.

We are in the process of seeing if z32 clutches will work with the z31 flywheel, will get back to you if it works.

Z32 flywheels will not work because z32 cranks are 8 bolt, z31 cranks are 6 bolt.

If i was to get a stage 3 clutch for my n/a z31 would i have to make any upgrade on master /slave cylinder?

also is there any difference in the clutch itself on a turbo and a n/a?

As was stated all Z31 na's and the 84-86 turbos use the same clutch.

All the Z31 use the same master and slave cylinders. There is however a difference in the slave cylinder push rod used on the na's and early turbos and the 87-89 turbos. The 87-89 turbos use a shorter push rod which changes the free play in the clutch peddle if you use it on the earlier years. When you adjust the free play to the correct position, the piston will push out of the bore in the slave.

My point is that if you use another clutch, you will have to check the piston travel on the slave cylinder to be sure it is the correct length.