HybridZ

Turbo install update pics

Are you sure you have a big enough turbo?

What size is that monster? I am using two 60-1 on an LT1 build. They will peek out the hood the headers just got ceramic coated today so hoping to get progres in a couple weeks.

What hp are you shooting for?

Are you sure you have a big enough turbo?

What size is that monster? I am using two 60-1 on an LT1 build. They will peek out the hood the headers just got ceramic coated today so hoping to get progres in a couple weeks.

What hp are you shooting for?

75mm borg-warner S400. has a really wide compressor map due to the extended tip compressor wheel technology.

The turbine is split scroll 1.32 a/r T6 flows a ton

I really dont know what HP to expect and when it will spool with the 6 speed..? might not even spool first couple gears!

a member on here dustin280zx made 500Whp @5 psi boost.. similar setup but he has big ported heads and big cam.

Im going to see what i can do with stock unported heads

What are you going to do about the top of the turbo there? Looks real nice through out the car..

A friend of mine has a english wheel and hammer. I think ill have a wack at making a bubble to cover it and weld it on...

OR a cowell the hood but might not look that great?

75mm borg-warner S400. has a really wide compressor map due to the extended tip compressor wheel technology.

I really dont know what HP to expect and when it will spool with the 6 speed..? might not even spool first couple gears!

a member on here dustin280zx made 500Whp @5 psi boost.. similar setup but he has big ported heads and big cam.

I did a rearmount Buick Roadmaster with an LT1 used a stock cam (191/196 .421/.431) with stock iron heads and it does well. It has a T70 with .84 hot and on street tires it did 13.1 @112 with a 2.1 60. I had to feather a long way, given the car is 4400lbs that is ~400 RWHP so small cams and stock heads are quite capable. I will be running it again with ceramic coated manifolds and expect to do alot better with slicks.

Stick will hurt the spool but when it hits it will be one hell of a kick in the seat.

Look forward to seeing more. My Z will have twin 60-1 (knock offs for now) and I expect to run ~6 in the 1/8th but likely will need juice to get it to spool.

My turbo was a s472 with a 1.22 a/r. I recently put smaller heads on (canfield 195 cc's) and a s475 with 1.10 a/r. I spooled it up to 8 pounds on the foot/ebrake no problem just under 3000 with the s475. You should have full boost by 3500. And my cam isn't that big. Just has .601 lift with 1.6 rockers. the duration is mild.

the most mph I got in the 1/4 was 141 with the smaller (s472) turbo and brodix heads. With the weight of the car (3260 give or take 10 pounds) it comes out to around 628 rwhp.

Hopefully with the smaller heads and s475 with the 1.10 a/r and bigger turbine wheels it will be alittle more. I've found out from talking to a couple guys that heads don't matter TOO much with forced induction engines. It seems just as fast as before, but the track will tell once I get it to my standards. The reason I say more hp with the new combo is because my air fuel won't be in the 10's before boost.

Nice headers ;)

My turbo was a s472 with a 1.22 a/r. I recently put smaller heads on (canfield 195 cc's) and a s475 with 1.10 a/r. I spooled it up to 8 pounds on the foot/ebrake no problem just under 3000 with the s475. You should have full boost by 3500. And my cam isn't that big. Just has .601 lift with 1.6 rockers. the duration is mild.

the most mph I got in the 1/4 was 141 with the smaller (s472) turbo and brodix heads. With the weight of the car (3260 give or take 10 pounds) it comes out to around 628 rwhp.

Hopefully with the smaller heads and s475 with the 1.10 a/r and bigger turbine wheels it will be alittle more. I've found out from talking to a couple guys that heads don't matter TOO much with forced induction engines. It seems just as fast as before, but the track will tell once I get it to my standards. The reason I say more hp with the new combo is because my air fuel won't be in the 10's before boost.

Nice headers ;)

Thanks for the reply dustin, your the resident expert.

You think this 1.32 a/r will come in by 3500rpm?, man that would be sweet!

How do you like your WG setup? i was thinking of doing the same.

Thanks for the reply dustin, your the resident expert.

You think this 1.32 a/r will come in by 3500rpm?, man that would be sweet!

How do you like your WG setup? i was thinking of doing the same.

It should come in around there but it depends on your cam, a/f, timing, ect. Put the waste gate as close to the merge as you can. Mine should have been closer as I get alittle creep at low boost. It holds anything over 10 pounds excellent though so I'm not changing because I'm not going lower than 15.

I wonder instead of trying to fab up another full piece of sheet metal, if you could take another hood, cut the "hump" out, and put it on top of the existing "hump" to further raise it and make the "hump" appear to grow

or he could just buy a little cowl hood :)