HybridZ

Turbo install update pics

I wonder instead of trying to fab up another full piece of sheet metal, if you could take another hood, cut the "hump" out, and put it on top of the existing "hump" to further raise it and make the "hump" appear to grow

thats not a bad idea.

It should come in around there but it depends on your cam, a/f, timing, ect. Put the waste gate as close to the merge as you can. Mine should have been closer as I get alittle creep at low boost. It holds anything over 10 pounds excellent though so I'm not changing because I'm not going lower than 15.

Good to know

thats what i was afraid off, boost creep... ill do what i can to get it close to the merge that i can.

Man these builds like this make me want to do something similar with a junkyard v8 and a smaller turbo cuz im broke, haha.

Looks good

Those turbos are cheap for the 1.32 unit. They go for around 550. You can get the 64mm with a 1.10 a/r for about 460 or so new.

• 3 weeks later...

100_1751.jpg

100_1743.jpg

100_1753.jpg

2.5" into WG 2.25" out

i turned the WG outlet flange down until the 2.25" tube sliped over it. about .080 thou.

seems like overkill but id really be surprised if i have any boost creep issues...

all done with the hotside now.

I'll have to tilt the radiator forward more than i wanted but i think it will be ok.

• 3 weeks later...
Man i love this car! i thought 280zx were alright until i saw this one and your work is super, keep it up things like this get me inspired.

Thanks for the support!.

I'm in the process of moving to a new house so the cars on hold for another month or so.

The new house has a 4 car garage so ill have plenty of room to work on the z.. im pretty excited

andy

• 3 months later...