HybridZ

sbc aftermarket block

Who do you all feel makes the best aftermarket block 1st gen it will be boosted thinking of a sbc (larger cubes 400 block) looking to do this right the first time. I toyed with building a factory block but after alot of looking the factory even 4 bolts are no comparison to a aftermarket block

i would say dart or world products, as the "best" in the car world is what you can afford to buy.

If I were able to build a "hot" motor, I would definitely use the Dart block. It seems that alot of the high dollar, high H.P. builds, use the Dart.

Good luck.

Guest Luigi

the dart SHP block. Little less money but nice features and unmolested/blown up.

Also the bowtie blocks are, I feel, underrated. They are high new, unless you can get a deal. but I think the quality is beter than most of the aftermarket. They come up used from time to time. I got mine from a Trans-am team blown up for 100.00.

Probably SHP block and a really stout rotating assembly would be my choice. Beware, all of these blocks are HEAVY. Take a look at CNCblocknortheast. got good info (used to) on weight, cly. wall thickness, deck squareness. etc..

Luigi