HybridZ

Aug. '09 Grassroots Mag = Datsun Delights

Zzeal

As a subscriber to Grassroots Motorsports I got an E-mail about their upcoming issue. It's going to have a bucket of Datsun and relevant articles.

They're going to sample four classic Z's, Peter Brock and BRE do a V8 510, there's a how-to on Megasquirt, and also an article titled "Rust recovery- Best methods for beating corrosion", all spot an for us Datsun-ites!

cool they are giving away one free issue, hope its the datsun edition one :P

I got the same email - I also got one a year ago with the free issue offer. I think if you sign up now for the free issue, it will be the Datsun one - just make sure you cancel if you don't want to subscribe - it's not cheap!

I got the same email - I also got one a year ago with the free issue offer. I think if you sign up now for the free issue, it will be the Datsun one - just make sure you cancel if you don't want to subscribe - it's not cheap!

I signed up for the free copy in hopes to receive the Datsun issue but the annual subscription is only $19.95... you say thats high? I presume it's a full 12-month publication so that's less than two bucks an issue. Go price your typical tuners mag... $6. (USD) <

I signed up for the free copy in hopes to receive the Datsun issue but the annual subscription is only $19.95... you say thats high? I presume it's a full 12-month publication so that's less than two bucks an issue. Go price your typical tuners mag... $6. (USD) <

I think it's 2-4 times per year - I know it's not monthly :)

it's not that bad - just when you look at it from a per issue cost it gets up there compared with other monthly mags.

There are 8 issues a year, with a calendar in the December or January issue. I have been subscribing for a few years now. Its an excellent magazine! I haven't received the datsun issue yet though!

I tried to get the free issue of Classic Motorsports but it never worked for me?

Also FYI when you sign up for GRM, you'll also get some catalogs from safe-racer, racer parts wholesale, and pegasus... maybe others I've forgotten.

• 1 month later...
Any subscribers have their copy yet? I've been hoping to see it in my mailbox every day since I got that email.

I did get my free copy the last week of June but it was the July issue. I've since got the August issue and there's a nice spread on the Amelia Island Concourse show that I wanted to see; it's a great magazine cover to cover that I will subscribe to.

I'm hoping a can pay for a back issue (June) for the Z article and Megasquirt.

Grassroots Motorsports and Classic Motorsports are my two favorite mags.....I keep all of them and refer to them sometimes. They're not too expensive either....there are more expensive mags out there that don't give you half of what these do.

Greg

I have a subscription to GRM, how does Classic Motorsports compare? More focused on classics I presume, but do they keep the DIY and budget mindful aspect? And how do they define classic? British and Datsun I guess, but Detroit?

Just got a '86 325E and now must go find that article on the 200x challenge team who turbo'ed one.

I have a subscription to GRM, how does Classic Motorsports compare? More focused on classics I presume, but do they keep the DIY and budget mindful aspect? And how do they define classic? British and Datsun I guess, but Detroit?

Just got a '86 325E and now must go find that article on the 200x challenge team who turbo'ed one.

Classic Motorsports is just like Grassroots, but dedicated to classic cars only. It is the same publisher, and has all kinds of classics and has the same grassroots mentality. Its a cool magazine for sure! Try it out...you'll like it.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...