HybridZ

3.2L twin turbo L28 stroker

HOTWYR

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you need to 'upgrade the valvetrain' to run to 10K rpms?

The valve train is not what needs to be attended to for that kind of RPM...

Trust me, I know.

Stock valvesprings can hold 10k rpm's?! I guess I learn something new everyday... :)

twincharging is the correct term. look some rides up on youtube. Been done alot very successfully too.

I would like to add the extra gain from displacement would not really be worth the money involved. do a 3.0 throw a paxton and a gt35r on there and you wont believe how fast your windshield pops out lol.

This is interesting, I've thrown around this idea in another topic but didnt get nearly as much response...

To the OP, check out kameari products...

www.zccjdm.com

kameari makes a 3.2L stroker crankshaft.....

kameari also makes a 89.5mm forged piston...

I really want to see a 3.2L L28et... the only 3.2L l28 I have heard of is NA...

As far as the twin turbo setup goes... I disagree with you there, would be better to get a MASSIVE single turbo and upgrade the valvetrain to hold 10k RPM's to make good use of the boost it could push.

Another Idea I will throw out on your build, you might also want to look into a SuperTurbo setup. A superturbo setup is where you have both a supercharger and a turbo. The supercharger would be so you could get boost right off the line till the massive turbo kicks in...

A Superturbo 3.2L L series that can rev to 10,000 RPM's.... :)

I remember reading in "how to build L series" you would have to buy a titanium valve train kit which at the time 80's was $1,200, balance, and blueprinting (which is interesting when Ed Hale Racing did this to my first L28et they were suprised that they didnt have to do much), a rod with link ends for the altenator, and my experience is you need to run an electric fan min. and most likely a electric water pump above 8k OR BAD TIMES. I guess you could knife edge the crank, put a girdle on the bottom end with a scraper and a dry sump system

http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt43033/pd858341/KAMEARI_L6_KAMEARI__SPL__RACING_HEAD_UPGRADE_

Theres the Full head upgrade kit...

http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt43033/pd858314/KAMEARI_L6_3.2L_CRANKSHAFT_85MM_STROKE_

3.2L Crank...

Wonder how it would work out if you used 90.5 pistons and the 3.2L crankshaft?

It would be 3.3L...

http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt43033/pd858341/KAMEARI_L6_KAMEARI__SPL__RACING_HEAD_UPGRADE_

Theres the Full head upgrade kit...

http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt43033/pd858314/KAMEARI_L6_3.2L_CRANKSHAFT_85MM_STROKE_

3.2L Crank...

Wonder how it would work out if you used 90.5 pistons and the 3.2L crankshaft?

It would be 3.3L...

I'll just add those to my cart and check out!!! Wow what have they been smoking...And who has that kind of money?

• 6 months later...
How would you modify the P90A head to suit a 3.2 litre engine and get the CR low enough for boosting?

While you can modify the head to help lower compression as well as run a 2 mm head gasket, you should really focus on the pistons and rods. You need to play with rod length and pin height on the piston.

The crank will give you a swept volume in conjunction with boring out the cylinders, playing with the pin height and rod length helps with the compression ratio.

While you can modify the head to help lower compression as well as run a 2 mm head gasket, you should really focus on the pistons and rods. You need to play with rod length and pin height on the piston.

The crank will give you a swept volume in conjunction with boring out the cylinders, playing with the pin height and rod length helps with the compression ratio.

Ok, that's probably what you'd need to do when building such a large, boosted engine, but if I can recall what was being said about such a situation in Corky Bells book, Maximum Boost, the 'squish' is all wrong and that can introduce all sorts of combustion problems. Is that true and does it apply here to some degree?