HybridZ

280zx sputtering problems/backfiring while driving.

Things are going better now. After spending months reading posts, FSM, and FI bible. I'm waiting to see if that FPR will bring my fuel pressure back up; that seems to be one of my last issues. Runs great now, idles good. Just doesent pull hard. Probably due to the low fuel pressure. I'll let you know what the end result is.

As far as getting people together; that would be great! My buddy has a perfect 71 that he drives a few times a year, my other friend has a Z31 but he sideswiped a fence (it's ugly). And there is this tweeker guy down the road who has three 280zx's but I only go down there out of absolute necessity. That is all I know of. Oh, and the 75 people a day with their suits and ties driving 350Z's 55 in the fast lane. :sour: If you got a few friends....I do too. We'll make the best of it. Thinking about joining the Nebraska Z car club too.

LOL you got it right with the rich guys in their 350's.

Last week some preppy looking guy with the plates "ZUL8R" tried keeping up with me :D He wouldn't take his ride above 90mph though.. lol

Now that my car is running decent I'm going to center in on the body, go with a 300z ecu setup and probably try and toss a supra i/c on it. It's a bit loud for my taste atm because I didn't get a chance to run my exhaust all the way back. For some reason the shop didn't want to make the bends for the backside.

Not bad at all. Did they put an 02 bung in it for you? I have exhaust I got from Yasin (SlowNrusty) with a downpipe 3 inch tube and a borla muffler with a tip; I just have to pay someone to cut the V band flange off the downpipe and weld the bolt style flange on and then weld the rest up. Ia muffler was the cheapest reputable shop I could find and trust. We definitely need to get together and flog some Z's sometime. Im joining up with the Nebraska Z car club; they seem pretty cool. Only an hour or so away too.

Man, my car makes me wonder....

I have the tps hooked up so it avoids the switch while it idles but sends a signal at 3/4 throttle.. if i have it adjusted correctly it runs like crap and it purrs when hooked up like it is..

Also, if I plug the line going to my fpr the fuel pressure shoots up to 50 and the car runs so much better...

I'm confused lol

I replaced FPR and fuel pressure went up to about 32 and raises in boost like its supposed to and now it wont go into boost? chokes when you get past 0 vacuum. If i get it to go into boost it shoots up to 7 psi and barely pulls? IDK anymore....back to square 1 i guess. Lame

that blows...

I'm heading up to a junk yard tomorrow and picking up a supra intercooler + whatever z parts I can find.

Is your tps sensor set correctly? The only other thing I can think of is maybe a crappy fuel pump, but I'm sure you replaced that already.

Man.. this car is about to be put in storage indefinitely.....

I was driving it out to knoxville and for no reason it started bogging under boost.. mind you I've only been running 5psi since the car started running perfect.

No clue what it is this time.. it drives fine, idles great and everything seems solid until I hit boost. It either goes nowhere or starts backfiring. :P

Tomorrow I'm going to pull that damn filter again, recheck the whole fuel system and if all else fails maybe wiggle all the wires around and pray.

Would running all new rubber fuel lines be risky? maybe one of the metal lines is getting clogged or something... who knows.