HybridZ

Anyone use 2.25" hose on 60mm pipes?

Beck

I am in the process of moving my intercooler further from the ground. My pipes are 2" and my IC is 60mm. Not only do I need a reducer, but I need a 45deg bend, too. I can find 2" to 2.25" bends, but not in 60mm. The prices in 60mm are really ugly for even the plain hose. The current setup involves 3 couplers to make up the joint on each side. I would think a nice silicone hose would be happy on something .100" bigger, but then I think about why would the original installer use 6 couplers when 2 would have worked. I was mostly wondering if someone had experienced a problem after some use.

have you considered having the intercooler pipe OD sleeved with a larger size aluminum pipe or rolled sheet to make up the difference. it could end up costing less than the couplers, and would be relatively easy to have someone tack on for you.

Another option would be to use 2.5" piping on your cold side pipe rather than 2" Get a 2" to 2.5" reducer at the IC and then a 2.5 to 2.75 at your TB. These couplers can be found in straight, 45, or 90's.. I get all that stuff from siliconintakes.com