HybridZ

Help...240z swap sbc header problem

hi

i have a problem installing my hugger headers to my sbc...the problem is the two spark plug in the middle is too close to the header, i cant plug in my wire in...due to the aftermarket head (RHS PRO LINE AULMUIM it stright not angel plug) it made the spark plug sitting a littler bit lower....here the thing i dont wanna bent my header because that loosing horse power...it a storker motor i need all the air flow out as possible..it have the jtr conversion kit......is there any header that will work.....i ask a shop in town how much for custom header for my car it cost $1500 plus..that too much for me to spend...

240z with a 383 sbc............please help.....

thank

I too had to clearance my 1-5/8" diameter primaries to gain clearance around the spark plug boot. I've got the straight plug heads as well.

I don't think you should be too worried about making that small dent in the tube for clearance.

I had to ping one ot the header tubes pretty good on my setup, I also run the short ngk or autolite racing plugs. I also had to put like 4 header gaskets on that side to help also. I used the red high heat permitex to glue each header gasket to itself and have never blown one.

That dent / ping in the tube will not take away from power, at least on my application it did not.

I use the MSD 8.8 mm wires with the fire proof red jacket to cover the whole wire and then use the fire proof boot cover from msd.

Never a problem with a burnt plug wire since.

John

• 1 month later...