HybridZ

which flywheel and clutch should i go with...

I have a 81 turbo motor and it currently has a automatic flywheel. I want to change it to a manual flywheel and clutch. I'm lost and do not have a clue what to go with after searching up.

I want to go with a 280zx 5 speed (not T5)

which set up is best...?

First, do some searching on auto to 5 speed conversions in here. There's plenty to read. Assuming you'll not be making any major performance upgrades, I'd suggest a stock flywheel and a complete clutch kit (pressure plate/rag/throwout bearing). You can get the flywheel with the transmission if you buy it from a complete donor vehicle. You'll also need the pedal box assembly (for the clutch pedal/MC) and the hydraulic line from that mc to the slave cylinder. Lastly, you'll have to make some minor wiring changes to remove the automatic safety switches.

I have a 81 turbo motor and it currently has a automatic flywheel. I want to change it to a manual flywheel and clutch. I'm lost and do not have a clue what to go with after searching up.

I want to go with a 280zx 5 speed (not T5)

which set up is best...?

Which one is best depends on a lot of factors. I take it this is going in the 70 240z listed in your signature?

I'd recommend getting the larger 2+2 flywheel and clutch setup, or an aftermarket setup like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY-Clutch-FIDANZA-Flywheel-240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX_W0QQitemZ310094704749QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item483315b06d&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171%7C240%3A1318

Which one is best depends on a lot of factors. I take it this is going in the 70 240z listed in your signature?

I'd recommend getting the larger 2+2 flywheel and clutch setup, or an aftermarket setup like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY-Clutch-FIDANZA-Flywheel-240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX_W0QQitemZ310094704749QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item483315b06d&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171%7C240%3A1318

That's an OE replacement clutch kit. If you're looking to do any upgrades i'de suggest going ahead and springing for a clutch with a little more holding force. Certainly so if you do any kind of spirited driving with the car.

Hi, I pulled my auto trans and installed a 4 speed on my 260z and there was some wiring to figure out like reverse lights and the park/neutral safety switch. I didn't have to replace the pedal box assembly even though I bought one all I had to put in was both brake and clutch pedals and springs.