HybridZ

MSNS Boost Control works!!!

jeffer949

So i got the boost control to work. I still need to mess with it more but i was getting a pretty steady 10psi with the duty targets set at 40 percent. I want to mess with the gain some to see if i can get it a little bit more stable. And of course i need to raise the duty up alot to get me back up to 20psi

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Hardware_Manual.htm#boost the the circuit mod that you do on the board.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/ebc-electronic-boost-control-solenoid-kit-p-285.html This is the solenoid that im using from diy auto tune but i might try to use the solenoid that is built onto my HE351CW turbo.

One thing that i did that im not sure if Prox. did when he tried it was i isolated the IRLZ44 from the case or what ever you have it mounted to.

I wish i still had a camera so i could take some pictures and make a vid but it broke. So no dice.

No its not the gm valve its the one that diy autotune sells right now. And I guess i should of been more clear. Im running the boost control in open loop mode so it only goes off of the boost duty targets instead of the kpa targets.

The valve we're selling works very similar to the GM valve - it's just we haven't been able to find an affordable source for the GM valve as it's been discontinued. The settings for our solenoid will work with a GM valve except the GM valve needs a bit more duty cycle.

With a mica pad so it wasnt grounding out. The drain is the same as the mounting tab so if you have it straight mounted to the case which is grounded its just going to take the least path of resistance and go to ground instead of go through the valve.

• 4 months later...

My car has been down for the past few months and had been driving it around for a few months with said blown motor so i wasnt tunning any. Its all doable its just going to take a lot of time to get it set correctly. One thing i noticed is i could get it to hit my boost targets in one gear and then if i did it in another gear it would either not hit them or would spike like crazy.

To bad about the car and the boost controller problems. I guess I am back to trying to figure out how to get this to work as I need something other then a manual boost controller to play with. Oh well there has to be away to just turn the boost controller on and off when you hit a set boost. Will keep you all posted if I figure out something.

HB280ZT