HybridZ

Flat Olive Engine Paint?

jknc90

I looked on google and on here and couldn't find anything, but does anyone know where to get flat olive engine paint? Or at least paint that would hold up on an engine block. It doesn't necessarily have to be made for engines, just something that will work.

Im going for something similar to this:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/6833149-post195.html

Thanks everybody

I was considering doing the engine block too though. I emailed the TM9 Ordnance company and I'm waiting to hear back about the heat rating. If I can't find anything then I'll do just the valve cover.

Supra510, I just clicked the link in you sig to find pictures of your cam cover and immediately recognized your wagon lol. I've seen pictures of it before, (can't remember where tho) it's awesome man. Nice job.

Yea that would be best, but I'm sure it'll definitely cost more then I would want to spend on the appearance of the engine. I think I'm just going to Krylon the valve cover and use some engine enamel on the block itself.

I sprayed my valve covers for my L98 with the Krylon Camouflage paint, olive green, and it looks pretty good. I'm still tearing down the motor so I don't know how well it holds up to heat but I don't think it'll be too bad. I also sprayed a coat of flat clear coat to help with durability and you can't tell a difference in finish or color. I'll try to get pics sometime in the next week or two.