HybridZ

Best place to get a good deal on an ls1 or ls2 and 6 speed tranny?

Hey guys,

I've been lurking around the forums for a few weeks researching and considering doing my own 280z v8 swap. After reading up I've decided I want to go with an ls1 or ls2 if I follow through with this project.

Through all my searching though, the biggest question I haven't yet been able to answer is where the best place to find an engine and tranny would be. I'm fine with a used engine and transmission, as long as they aren't high mileage pieces (preferably below 50k miles).

So I was just wondering if anyone had advice as far as places I should look for my engine and transmission besides the obvious options of ebay and craigslist.

Thanks,

Kaiser

PS. If you wave done an ls1 or ls2 swap and don't mind sharing how much you paid for your engine, tranny and maybe even overall project I would greatly appreciate it!

Another good place to check is ls1tech.com. I've been looking for a good deal on an lsx and there's quite a few lsx/t56 pullouts on there.

Search and there's a thread on v8 swaps and how much people have into them. That will keep you busy for a while.

Hey guys,

I've been lurking around the forums for a few weeks researching and considering doing my own 280z v8 swap. After reading up I've decided I want to go with an ls1 or ls2 if I follow through with this project.

Through all my searching though, the biggest question I haven't yet been able to answer is where the best place to find an engine and tranny would be. I'm fine with a used engine and transmission, as long as they aren't high mileage pieces (preferably below 50k miles).

So I was just wondering if anyone had advice as far as places I should look for my engine and transmission besides the obvious options of ebay and craigslist.

Thanks,

Kaiser

PS. If you wave done an ls1 or ls2 swap and don't mind sharing how much you paid for your engine, tranny and maybe even overall project I would greatly appreciate it!

You might check with Ron Sessions at Streetrodengines.com. I bought a new LS2, complete w/ accessories (PS, AC, Alt, Computer, Painless wiring harness, etc. Also included was bell housing, clutch w/ slave cylinder, T56 and Corvette motor mounts, all new. Price delivered to Roseburg Oregon from Texas was just under $10,000. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=120795

• 2 weeks later...
You might check with Ron Sessions at Streetrodengines.com. I bought a new LS2, complete w/ accessories (PS, AC, Alt, Computer, Painless wiring harness, etc. Also included was bell housing, clutch w/ slave cylinder, T56 and Corvette motor mounts, all new. Price delivered to Roseburg Oregon from Texas was just under $10,000. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=120795

Oh, Is that all? :mrgreen: I'll take three!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NESS89
does anyone know any good deals for the LSx/t56 tranny combo in California?

I've seen a lot of websites advertising turn-key engines, but they're pretty pricey.

craigslist:lol:

my problem with CL is unless you bring a compression tester and a battery with you, you don't know what you're getting. that said, I bought my car on CL, but I also drove it home, and hooked up an OBD2 reader to the car first and checked for codes/errors.