HybridZ

Tail lights on Ebay..LOL

jerryb

Seen used 240z dash sell for 1200, used 280z dash for for 1100... dont see why new tailights would be any diferent

Exactly! These items are new and I think if people can afford them and want them...buy em. We here on HBZ would spend $1000 on a nice turbo :icon45:

Some would like their car to look as good as it goes.

I feel bad now for 'giving' my spare 240 sets away to people for $25 so they could have the proper patina on their period 240Z.

I knew I should have hoarded them. I gave six pair away at that price. Had I held on to them (instead of only the last 4 sets I had---yeah I came with 10 sets...) even at half that price, I could buy a couple of containers and properly store my hoard securely!

• 2 months later...

their back..........http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-240Z-TAIL-LIGHTS-NEW-ORIGINAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4ceaad3e7cQQitemZ330354736764QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_975

Guest Rolling Parts
Could almost make the tooling to produce new lights for that price...

Maybe someone has? You can almost smell new plastic in the pictures.

Don't most people at least show the genuine Nissan box under what they are selling if it's NOS?

Agreed, if it's TRUE NOS then it'd be worth it on the collectors market. Like paintings there should be a "proof of authenticity" at those rarefied price levels.

Yeah that's what prompted the comment, I used to work in a factory running a press for this type of item, and they look pretty hot off the press. (lenses are actually uncomfortably warm when they come out of the machine)