HybridZ

carbon fiber tail light pannel

stravi757

I actually just bought this on impulse from ebay lol. Its made by Retro-Spec, not that it really matters to much since i already bought it but does anyone know if they're parts are any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300321774448&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ABCA%3AMOTORS%3A1123&salenotsupported

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I actually just bought this on impulse from ebay lol. Its made by Retro-Spec, not that it really matters to much since i already bought it but does anyone know if they're parts are any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300321774448&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ABCA%3AMOTORS%3A1123&salenotsupported

Can you update us on the quality and fitment of this CF rear panel please?? :burnout:

the pannel just came in the mail. i havent gotten a chance to put it on the car yet but it looks great only problem is there is an area with a few cracks in it. i am deciding whether i should just keep it or get rid of it. ill try and get pics up today

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpgthis is the left side, see how the stud isnt even close to lining up with the tail light

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

So it didn't fit right, i was going to keep them even after i saw the crack(pictured above) but on the left side, the studs on the panel weren't aligned right, so the tail light wont fit on. the right side seemed to be fine. it looks great otherwise, i am going to ask for the seller to refund me or send me another one. i just really don't want to have to pay for shipping seeing as the product didnt fit.

Does it look like this one up close by any chance :icon45:? I almost ended up with this... :redface:

Same seller.

**Edit** woops.... you snuck the other pics in before I got this post in... :)

~click

mailgooglecom5095739511.th.jpg

mailgooglecom5155396516.th.jpg

mailgooglecom5201741521.th.jpg

ya haha i was wondering why you were asking right after i posted pics

Paulo means well. I really wish he could put out a high quality CF part. I still have one of his front CF air dams, put away for installing at a later date. I'd really like a semi flawless rear panel from him.

He told me via email that it's hard to get these pieces to look nice (strait weave) due to them being "hand made" with complex angles...

He also told me he would make me one that would be much better than the pictured piece. I'm just a tad bit leary to buy one now...

I told him when he has one ready, and sends me pics of it to OK it, that I would buy it. We'll see I guess...

Paulo means well. I really wish he could put out a high quality CF part. I still have one of his front CF air dams, put away for installing at a later date. I'd really like a semi flawless rear panel from him.

He told me via email that it's hard to get these pieces to look nice (strait weave) due to them being "hand made" with complex angles...

He also told me he would make me one that would be much better than the pictured piece. I'm just a tad bit leary to buy one now...

I told him when he has one ready, and sends me pics of it to OK it, that I would buy it. We'll see I guess...

hmm, well like i said, i think mine looks really nice( ive never bought carbon fiber before so i might not be the best person to ask) and if hes willing to exchange it id like to do that, i sent him a email so ill see what he say

Wow, strike two for me(?)... I was considering the CF spoiler this vendor offers for $210. shipped but after reading this thread in addition to the fitment issues I'm going through with a vendor on this site (http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=149348&page=3) for a different CF spoiler, I'm a little gun shy. I can see this panel being a difficult piece to make but spoilers shouldn't be that hard to make and fit right. :banghead:

I too would like one of these rear panels if they can work out the fitment; please let us know how it goes when/if you get a replacement.

hmm, well like i said, i think mine looks really nice( ive never bought carbon fiber before so i might not be the best person to ask) and if hes willing to exchange it id like to do that, i sent him a email so ill see what he say

stravi757, i rather respond here then trough the ebay messaging system...

you can email me at sales@retro-spec.net.

as far as your concern i will definetly exchange the panel its looks like it was damaged in shipping.

let me get another one ready for you.

i will get some lights from the 280z so i can get the studs to fit right.

i can let you know when the panel is ready so we can exchange.

Thanks, Paulo.

Joel im coverting this mold to a compression format, there is a lot less distortion in the weave when you do them like that, my 240 z tailight panels are done that way. i will let you know when i have the panel.

Paulo.

Joel im coverting this mold to a compression format, there is a lot less distortion in the weave when you do them like that, my 240 z tailight panels are done that way. i will let you know when i have the panel.

Paulo.

Sounds good to me Paulo!! Let me know when you have the improved version, and I'll definitely buy one.... :burnout:

• 2 weeks later...

Paulo.

Im interested in the tail light panel as well PM me when you have a finished product and send me a picture i like how it looks already but if your going to be doing it to make it stronger/lighter ill wait for the finished product =)

cant wait to here back

my user name is the same on all the the forums i post that makes it easy to find me and bash what we do. i have nothing to hide thats why i keep it this way.

Paulo.

Just curious, why the username switch?

Why cant people design something, make sure it fits ---- THEN ---- sell it. In other words you do the testing rather than customers. Imagine if say brembro used this method with their brakes. Designed something, oops 12 peoples brakes went out as they were driving, better fix the problem.

CF parts would be really cool if they all fit nicely.