HybridZ

carbon fiber tail light pannel

stravi757

Just curious, why the username switch?

Why cant people design something, make sure it fits ---- THEN ---- sell it. In other words you do the testing rather than customers. Imagine if say brembro used this method with their brakes. Designed something, oops 12 peoples brakes went out as they were driving, better fix the problem.

CF parts would be really cool if they all fit nicely.

I couldnt log on after a while, i dont think i was banned or suspended.

i even contacted mods but never got an answer thats why i changed.

the panel fitted well, my jig for putting the bolt is the problem with this one

im working on getting it right again.

ill keep you guys updated.

Paulo.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey paulo its JEFF in tx....i have tried countless times to get ahold of you (search your inbox for jeffdahot1@hotmail.com) you sent me a front air dam that got damaged in shipping almost 2 years ago now and have YET to FIX this problem...im not paying to ship it back to you and even tried to meet up with you when i was in california last winter. i havent even looked at how the tailight panel fits (if it looks like above i myself will just dremel the plastic (its not That far off imo) but the crunched up lip i have wont work at all for me. i did afterall buy 1k+ in parts from you so i expect them to be very nice or you can just refund my money like ive said before. its your choice but email me or respond here as FINALLY i might have a chance at getting this fixed it looks like. (btw my parts were ALOT more than yours op so feel better about that)

Hey paulo its JEFF in tx....i have tried countless times to get ahold of you (search your inbox for jeffdahot1@hotmail.com) you sent me a front air dam that got damaged in shipping almost 2 years ago now and have YET to FIX this problem...im not paying to ship it back to you and even tried to meet up with you when i was in california last winter. i havent even looked at how the tailight panel fits (if it looks like above i myself will just dremel the plastic (its not That far off imo) but the crunched up lip i have wont work at all for me. i did afterall buy 1k+ in parts from you so i expect them to be very nice or you can just refund my money like ive said before. its your choice but email me or respond here as FINALLY i might have a chance at getting this fixed it looks like. (btw my parts were ALOT more than yours op so feel better about that)

Jeff after i missed the drop off ive been holding on to the replacement lip for the longest time, i will ship it again on my end, insured if its damaged again you will have to deal with the shipping company itself email me at sales@retro-spec.net im also copying your email for a faster response.

Thanks, Paulo.

ok well you have the address and have since i placed the original order so why not send it already like you said you were?....i have no doubt that you mean well but you need to get it together if you want to mass produce something and make some real good money doing so. just make sure you get insurance on it for $500 so that i can get it fixed if its damaged and SEND me all the receipts/paperwork so that i can handle it (i cant do squat without it or i wouldve dealt with it last time),and i will make sure and let everyone on here know youve made good and to buy from you. hope to see it in the next week or so like the email said. thanks paulo- Jeff

ya it looks like that, that one seems to look more glossy then mine but maybe its just the pic. it looked nice but it just didnt fit haha.

Stravi, im working on the panels right now.

is your car a 260z???

might be different from the 280z if any body can confirm that it would help a lot i have a 260z here and the bolts dont align right from my jig for the 280z.

i have a replacement panels ready just need to figure out the aligment thing and its done, Lmk.

Paulo.

Stravi, im working on the panels right now.

is your car a 260z???

might be different from the 280z if any body can confirm that it would help a lot i have a 260z here and the bolts dont align right from my jig for the 280z.

i have a replacement panels ready just need to figure out the aligment thing and its done, Lmk.

Paulo.

Paulo, the 260/280 rear tail light parts are the same, unless of course you got ahold of a 2+2 part. Those are different....

EDIT** that has been my experience on fitment.

EDIT #2 I know on my 260, I bought a euro (red/amber) tail light set from a 280z and it came with the two plastic halves that the tail lights are hooked to (kind of what you are selling, but in separate pieces) and they fit right on my car with no mods..I hope this helps!

Anyone else that can chime in with their experience on weather there is a difference between the 260 and 280 fitment??

Edited by J. Soileau RB26zcar
edited twice

^ I'm confused.... Isn't this the same product from the same place "Retro-Spec"? The link you provided has the following at the bottom:

*Retro-Spec does its best to make a qaulity product, But as with all fiberglass components, there may be some Fitting and Prep work to get that "perfect" show quality fitment that some cars owners look for.

^ I'm confused.... Isn't this the same product from the same place "Retro-Spec"? The link you provided has the following at the bottom:

Boy do I feel like a clown... :redface: I didn't put 2 + 2 together on this one....

I totally missed the connection. Thank You!! I'll update after researching this some more.