HybridZ

carbon fiber tail light pannel

stravi757

Yes thats me, Lyle is long gone from the company. i think i do remember you as a client i mean..because you where local.

Paulo.

Your associate attempted to hustle me out and also made me look bad at MR2OC since he couldn't even verify which process was used to make the mold and all. I see that you posted your apartment address, that will probably make people leery to deal with you. Don't you have a store front?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your associate attempted to hustle me out and also made me look bad at MR2OC since he couldn't even verify which process was used to make the mold and all. I see that you posted your apartment address, that will probably make people leery to deal with you. Don't you have a store front?

im sorry he made you look bad, there is a reason why he is no longer around.

all you need to know is here http://www.shop.retro-spec.net.

you can PM me if i can be of service, now lets stay on topic.

Thanks,Paulo.

Hey stravi757, did you get the parts yet?

still waiting, he asked for me to send the one i have back so he can send me the new one but i dont want to do it that way, ill send mine back when i get the new one. ive had to many bad experiences...even on this forum. so im not going to leave myself empty handed at any point.

Jeff, since youre making this public you need to add that your airdam was damaged in shipping, i replaced the part out of my own pocket and spend 140.00 dlls

to ship it to you.

try on the rest of your parts, so we can settle it now ok?

Paulo.

Paulo, i'm going to try and keep my cool here. I got your "replacement" and it was even more F***K*D up than the first one you sent me. Heres some pics for YOU and EVERYONE else to see the QUALITY of your work/packaging for shipping. As for your "out of my own pocket" BS thats exactly what it is...BS. You as a business are expected to produce a quality product and make sure that it gets to my door in good shape, thats where good wrapping/shipping comes into play. AS well as send/ship it out when you say you are going to.

Your first part that came screwed up in packaging....

6q8z2t.jpg

second one that came packed the same way....(i'll describe it as one layer small bubble wrap over the part then cardboard cutup boxes over that then shrinkwrap on top and thats it) ie NOT in an actual box, im guessing to save on shipping....

2hwloqg.jpg

another angle

33fepg2.jpg

And yes im making this public after 2-3years not being able to get a good part from you. Countless phone calls and emails and nothing, you hide everytime i try and get it fixed. If you would have not F-ed me over when I DROVE to cali to swap these out (thinking that it shouldnt be cracked if you didnt have to ship it) even gave you a place and time that you agreed to and YOU BAILED (should i list how much that cost me?)

And Low and Behold you sent me a bad part AGAIN. Also i'll include the emails for everyone to see...

"

>

> Jeff after i missed the drop off ive been holding on to the replacement

> lip for the longest time, i will ship it again on my end, insured if

> its damaged again you will have to deal with the shipping"

it almost sounds to me like you thought it would be damaged? Maybe you sent me a bad one this time that somone else had sent back and figured youd just stick me with it? Maybe, maybe not but you sure didnt do what i said hence my reply email

"> Ok you have the address...wrap it well and mail the receipt and all paperwork

> for the insurance to the same address. Also insure it for 500 so that it will be

> covered. Hope to see it soon, and i will let everyone on the site know youve

> made good and to buy from you...hopefully this can finally be resolved. Thanks

> -Jeff"

to which i got this from "edson"

"Date: Monday, July 20, 2009 3:16:35 pm

To: *********@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: spolier

We wil ship out the spoiler this wednesday to this adrress below:

**** n. ******** trl.

********, TX , 7****

US

Thanks

Edson

Retro-spec team"

Now notice the date.....OH july 20th??hmmm funny how it took over a month to get it huh? Oh then i sent this....

Re: spolier‏

From: Jeffrey Mott (*********@hotmail.com) Sent:Mon 7/20/09 3:31 PMTo: "paulo sierra" (fazzt73@yahoo.com)

Ok just wrap it well inside a box,insure for atleast 500 and mail the insurance papers to the same address

Well finally a month later i get the "wrapped" spoiler, since you or edson obviously didnt send it when you said you would. MUCH less STILL not the way i specifically SAID to package it, and hmmm NO insurance papers so i can "deal with the insurance" (which i told you after the first time i would deal with the issue but i needed the papers).

So now i have 2 piece of S*** parts that are thin (can see light through), Cracked, and have wavy weave spots....thanks for everything. You seriously have the worst customer service (if you can even call it that), bad parts (make and fit), and noone should ever deal with you unless your actually getting "dealt" with. You have no respect for your customers, couldn't care less about the parts going out,& your attitude as a "business" or how people perceive you. I am done with you, you wont be getting any parts back unless you pay for all the return shipping and refund me for all of the parts i bought. I will eventually try on the other parts (although ofcourse it doesnt matter if they fit or not because i will not be dealing with you anymore unless its the bold part above happens).

Thanks for the ride, horrible business practice, bad parts, a great way to spend almost 2k and 2-3 yrs dealing with someone/something and nothing getting resolved/FIXED. -Jeff (the guy in tx with 2 broken spoilers now)

still waiting, he asked for me to send the one i have back so he can send me the new one but i dont want to do it that way, ill send mine back when i get the new one. ive had to many bad experiences...even on this forum. so im not going to leave myself empty handed at any point.

Just like you said, you WILL be empty handed if you ship it back for him to "fix it" he tried that with me and i said hell no, and look i have another bad airdam from him and no insurance papers to try and fix it. Funny how that works isnt it?

Well, I had the same luck with the same part, but did end up with a perfect part in the end.

I received my CF front air dam back in 05 or 06 (can't remember exactly now) wrapped just like whats described above, one layer bubble wrap, then a layer of shipping brown paper. It was shipped via Grey Hound Bus Lines, and reached me almost folded in half.

I contacted Paulo about it, and he said send it back and I'll send another.

I spend $80 to send it back via UPS and email Paulo with tracking info. He replied back stating that he has sent me a new one, which indeed arrives in a box from FedEx. It was packed and shipped just like the first one to me should have been, so I get a good condition part!

The kicker is, Paulo never went and claimed the damaged returned air dam I spent $80 to send him, so a month or so later I get a call from my shipper to come pick up a air dam that was returned to me due to non pick up on Paulo's end... :hs:

Bottom line for me, I have a nice looking CF air dam to put on my car, but jumped thru some hoops to get it.

Paulo finally came thru for me, but it cost me...

J no disrespect but thats bs, he should make right since it "should have been in the first place" i STILL dont have a good part and for the price i shouldnt have to be out of pocket anymore money just to get one that i should have gotten in the first place.

You seriously believe that when you order a part from a "company" that you should have to send the bad part back (because of them EFFING UP on their side), Be out of pocket the money to ship it back, and then what if you recieve a bad part? Really J....paulo made you ship your original back and pay more for finally getting a good part but i prefer to do things my way and if i dont get a good part, i will continue to complain and expose the truth untill i do. Ive already told paulo when i get a good part he can have the old ones back.

Not to mention I WENT TO CALIFORNIA to meet up and trade parts! I think that is far above and beyond....expense,time,and headache wise on my part and yet i still dont have a good part because he either cant follow simple directions (like wrapping it and putting it into a damn box) or doesnt care about his customers.

Also noone would ever have to be out money in shipping if he took out $10 worth of insurance on a part that costs hundreds of dollars (close to 500 if you include shipping) hence why i told him and even paid for it the first time around but STILL NO INSURANCE PAPERS so i cant file a claim.

Alright, hence why i said no disrespect (i didnt think you were trying to play it down) but like i said i think i have plenty of money,effort,& time into this and for me to have to go through it all and still not have a decent part is bs.

Paulo where are you now? Please come defend yourself and not go running and hide again...what is your excuse this time? Why did it come bent and beat up yet again? Why didnt you put it in a box so it didnt? Where are the insurance papers so i can file the claim instead of badgering you?

OK here is my review after I finally received my panel. In all fairness if I'm going to come complain I am gonna post a follow up.

I got the piece packaged just the same as the others have, the shipping was surprisingly fast after Paulo actually did ship. He sent it out on Saturday and it arrived on Monday (USPS trying to compete I suppose). I was worried about the packaging as well but pulled the panel and inspected it, the finish looked decent, not a top quality part but for the price....it's fine. Mine looks much better than the pictures others have posted, I will try to get a couple pics for you guys but no promises since I don't have a camera readily available.

On to the fitment. The part is by no means bolt on and go, it's close but did require about an hour of filing especially around the taillight chrome area to make sure things went in right. On the bright side it could have been more. After I got that sorted out, it's time to get the lights in and put it on the car.

This is the tightest fitting panel I have ever seen. I swear it was going to crack on me trying to get the holes lined up and it still may due to body flex, I will have to drive around a bit to see. Several of the studs (aka screws attached with epoxy) to the backside of the panel just broke off during the process and I would suggest that Paulo find an alternative method for attaching these. I improvised and finally got it on there.

Conclusion: The panel looks good and is worth the money if you get one like mine. Paulo needs to continue to work on the design a bit, mainly the studs and the some of the interior mold. As suggested before shipping needs to be quicker WHILE manufacturing a quality part and it's OK to charge more if you need to spend more on packing for shipment if it will better protect the panel.

Anyway I hope this helps and I appreciate Paulo for holding up his end of the deal.

Paulo, i'm going to try and keep my cool here. I got your "replacement" and it was even more F***K*D up than the first one you sent me. Heres some pics for YOU and EVERYONE else to see the QUALITY of your work/packaging for shipping. As for your "out of my own pocket" BS thats exactly what it is...BS. You as a business are expected to produce a quality product and make sure that it gets to my door in good shape, thats where good wrapping/shipping comes into play. AS well as send/ship it out when you say you are going to.

Your first part that came screwed up in packaging....

6q8z2t.jpg

second one that came packed the same way....(i'll describe it as one layer small bubble wrap over the part then cardboard cutup boxes over that then shrinkwrap on top and thats it) ie NOT in an actual box, im guessing to save on shipping....

2hwloqg.jpg

another angle

33fepg2.jpg

And yes im making this public after 2-3years not being able to get a good part from you. Countless phone calls and emails and nothing, you hide everytime i try and get it fixed. If you would have not F-ed me over when I DROVE to cali to swap these out (thinking that it shouldnt be cracked if you didnt have to ship it) even gave you a place and time that you agreed to and YOU BAILED (should i list how much that cost me?)

And Low and Behold you sent me a bad part AGAIN. Also i'll include the emails for everyone to see...

"

>

> Jeff after i missed the drop off ive been holding on to the replacement

> lip for the longest time, i will ship it again on my end, insured if

> its damaged again you will have to deal with the shipping"

it almost sounds to me like you thought it would be damaged? Maybe you sent me a bad one this time that somone else had sent back and figured youd just stick me with it? Maybe, maybe not but you sure didnt do what i said hence my reply email

"> Ok you have the address...wrap it well and mail the receipt and all paperwork

> for the insurance to the same address. Also insure it for 500 so that it will be

> made good and to buy from you...hopefully this can finally be resolved. Thanks

> -Jeff"

to which i got this from "edson"

"Date: Monday, July 20, 2009 3:16:35 pm

To: *********@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: spolier

We wil ship out the spoiler this wednesday to this adrress below:

**** n. ******** trl.

********, TX , 7****

US

Thanks

Edson

Retro-spec team"

Now notice the date.....OH july 20th??hmmm funny how it took over a month to get it huh? Oh then i sent this....

Re: spolier‏

From: Jeffrey Mott (*********@hotmail.com) Sent:Mon 7/20/09 3:31 PMTo: "paulo sierra" (fazzt73@yahoo.com)

Ok just wrap it well inside a box,insure for atleast 500 and mail the insurance papers to the same address

Well finally a month later i get the "wrapped" spoiler, since you or edson obviously didnt send it when you said you would. MUCH less STILL not the way i specifically SAID to package it, and hmmm NO insurance papers so i can "deal with the insurance" (which i told you after the first time i would deal with the issue but i needed the papers).

So now i have 2 piece of S*** parts that are thin (can see light through), Cracked, and have wavy weave spots....thanks for everything. You seriously have the worst customer service (if you can even call it that), bad parts (make and fit), and noone should ever deal with you unless your actually getting "dealt" with. You have no respect for your customers, couldn't care less about the parts going out,& your attitude as a "business" or how people perceive you. I am done with you, you wont be getting any parts back unless you pay for all the return shipping and refund me for all of the parts i bought. I will eventually try on the other parts (although ofcourse it doesnt matter if they fit or not because i will not be dealing with you anymore unless its the bold part above happens).

Thanks for the ride, horrible business practice, bad parts, a great way to spend almost 2k and 2-3 yrs dealing with someone/something and nothing getting resolved/FIXED. -Jeff (the guy in tx with 2 broken spoilers now)

Jeff im really dissapointed on the 2nd spoiler being destroyed like that i made that box myself, it was very structurally sound.

im going to do what i should have done the first time your spoiler got damaged, give you your money back and ill deal with insurance.

i will email you with the details, im going to need your help with the claim tough.

Paulo.

> -Jeff"

this is what you should have done, just forever ago and it should have come the second time like this...."He replied back stating that he has sent me a new one, which indeed arrives in a box from FedEx. It was packed and shipped just like the first one to me should have been, so I get a good condition part!"

Its not the money Paulo, I paid good money for parts that were suppose to be good. Its the service, i dont know how else to say it really...i asked that a certain process be followed the second time around so it doesnt happen yet again and nothing was done the way i asked for it. No box, no insurance sent to me, nothing.

I want a good part...thats all, now when i get one then i'll be happy and as before i would have told everyone here you made good and would buy from you again but its the fact you blatantly didnt care or just didnt want to do it the way i asked and it got here like it did because of that.

Incase you havent figured out, raise the prices $20 so you can put it in a box, I dont know what your thinking but if you got the part shipped to you like that without opening on the spot could you know if it was damaged or could be? Now if it was in a box and had a big ass crush mark im sure you would know where it got crushed and how bad....thing is shipping companies dont care and insurance takes forever to go through so you have to protect Yourself as well as You Customers so that it doesnt happen.

Paulo.....you might want to consider using a stick of PVC 1" or a 1"x1" lumber to screw to the width span when shipping .If your part is jigged correctly...you should be able to use the dam to fender bolt hole divots to attach with self tapping screws.

Or...in the mean time,look up U-line dot coms website for an endless list of cardboard boxes that can be ordered in bulk to fit your needs.....but I'd still brace the airdams with a span bar like afore mentioned.

Cheers,Vinny

Paulo.....you might want to consider using a stick of PVC 1" or a 1"x1" lumber to screw to the width span when shipping .If your part is jigged correctly...you should be able to use the dam to fender bolt hole divots to attach with self tapping screws.

Or...in the mean time,look up U-line dot coms website for an endless list of cardboard boxes that can be ordered in bulk to fit your needs.....but I'd still brace the airdams with a span bar like afore mentioned.

Cheers,Vinny

Vinny thanks for the input. i have shipped this items in a oversize box to insure its safety it costs more then our part i think, it was damaged too.

we will probably just take it off our product list i don't think there is a suitable manner to ship these the damage ratio is just too high, if you go overboard on the box the price goes trough the roof.

Thanks, Paulo.

> -Jeff"

this is what you should have done, just forever ago and it should have come the second time like this...."He replied back stating that he has sent me a new one, which indeed arrives in a box from FedEx. It was packed and shipped just like the first one to me should have been, so I get a good condition part!"

Its not the money Paulo, I paid good money for parts that were suppose to be good. Its the service, i dont know how else to say it really...i asked that a certain process be followed the second time around so it doesnt happen yet again and nothing was done the way i asked for it. No box, no insurance sent to me, nothing.

I want a good part...thats all, now when i get one then i'll be happy and as before i would have told everyone here you made good and would buy from you again but its the fact you blatantly didnt care or just didnt want to do it the way i asked and it got here like it did because of that.

Incase you havent figured out, raise the prices $20 so you can put it in a box, I dont know what your thinking but if you got the part shipped to you like that without opening on the spot could you know if it was damaged or could be? Now if it was in a box and had a big ass crush mark im sure you would know where it got crushed and how bad....thing is shipping companies dont care and insurance takes forever to go through so you have to protect Yourself as well as You Customers so that it doesnt happen.

well i can only give you your money back at this point, look for my mail tomorrow, Thanks.

Paulo.