HybridZ

carbon fiber tail light pannel

stravi757

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Im saying is its not impossible to ship an airdam. Ive done it with no problems, MSA does it all the time, Black Dragon does it all the time, etc, etc.

this one is particularly dangerous to ship, its shape doesn't help.

also the carbon ones are sort of brittle and they cant take the flex

they have been summited, ive done fiberglass ones with no problems.

Paulo.

hey paulo as long as your online, can you tell me when i will be getting my new panel in the mail

stravi, im in the middle of a storm here, but our policy is to ship the part you're not satisfied with for either money back or an exchange.

so get the panel boxed and ready to go because yours is ready to go out.

Paulo.

stravi, im in the middle of a storm here, but our policy is to ship the part you're not satisfied with for either money back or an exchange.

so get the panel boxed and ready to go because yours is ready to go out.

Paulo.

okay well i don't want to go through anymore problems. so im just going to ask for my money back. make sure to refund my money on pay pal VS. sending me money so i don't get charged paypal fee's. message me back when you get this.

• 1 month later...

yea and i still have no cash in my paypal that was suppose to be returned to me (refund)....paulo just isnt someone to buy from that simple. It would be great if a mod could give him "the boot" like justin since he cant make quality parts, has no phone number that works (one on site wasnt working a few weeks ago when i tried it), and seems to "avoid" getting things settled.

Panel sent on October 9th it should be there by now, i except the damaged one back, Thanks and let me know.

Paulo.

I just got it and i tried test fitting it... I think you send these things out before test fitting them.

I tried putting it on with no success. The panel once again wont fit, I tried fitting it in as many different ways I could think of but it just doesn't fit!

If I put one side of the panel on then I couldn't fit the other side because the studs wouldn't line up. If you look at the pictures you will see the gap from the right side to the left, the right side has no gap between the body and the panel while the left has about a 1/4 of space...The panel wont line up no matter what I do. Although this panel is much better than the last visually, its just as bad fitment wise. Once again I have another part that doesn't fit, not to mention the time all of this has taken. Its almost been 4 months! and I still dont have a panel that fits.:evil:

And there were a few other problems like the tailight trim had nowhere to screw onto, and the reverse lights didnt line up in the center at all(its hard to tell by the picture but in person it looks bad)

This is the right side with the studs in place(sorta)

photo-5.jpg

And here is the left side with the studs not fitting in place with the right side studs in place.

photo-6.jpg

here is the gap between the panel and body on the right side

photo-3.jpg

here is the gap between the body and panel on the left side

photo-4.jpg

And heres a side angle of what it looks like

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Edited by stravi757

Not taking Retro-Spec's side in this whole tangled mess, but after looking at your pictures..... I wonder how straight your Z is. Looks like it's taken a little abuse on both rear corners which may have impacted final fit.

Dennis

The left side is fine, But yes the right side was backed into by some dick, never found out who...But it didn't change the form of the body.

I was about to say the body isnt so stright on the right but....I have two panels that fit the lights well. I dont know about actually in the whole thing but the lights do fit (i just sold one of them) but i have the other one and after i get the other things on this car done i will be testing it out and if it doesnt fit i will be making a trip to california (as i do atleast 3 times a year) and will be setting things up to get this settled and if its not i will be taking legal action because i am tired of the b/s that keeps happening with no phone calls, return calls, emails, etc.

"paulo just isnt someone to buy from that simple. It would be great if a mod could give him "the boot" like justin since he cant make quality parts, has no phone number that works (one on site wasnt working a few weeks ago when i tried it), and seems to "avoid" getting things settled".

Best suggestion yet!!!

I was about to say the body isnt so stright on the right but....I have two panels that fit the lights well. I dont know about actually in the whole thing but the lights do fit (i just sold one of them) but i have the other one and after i get the other things on this car done i will be testing it out and if it doesnt fit i will be making a trip to california (as i do atleast 3 times a year) and will be setting things up to get this settled and if its not i will be taking legal action because i am tired of the b/s that keeps happening with no phone calls, return calls, emails, etc.

first of all, you just sold the panel you need to send me back so how is that going to work?????

Paulo.

"paulo just isnt someone to buy from that simple. It would be great if a mod could give him "the boot" like justin since he cant make quality parts, has no phone number that works (one on site wasnt working a few weeks ago when i tried it), and seems to "avoid" getting things settled".

Best suggestion yet!!!

i dont sell trough Hybridz, stravi is communicating with me trough hybridz.

and posting his opinions.

i dont see what is wrong with that.

I just got it and i tried test fitting it... I think you send these things out before test fitting them.

I tried putting it on with no success. The panel once again wont fit, I tried fitting it in as many different ways I could think of but it just doesn't fit!

If I put one side of the panel on then I couldn't fit the other side because the studs wouldn't line up. If you look at the pictures you will see the gap from the right side to the left, the right side has no gap between the body and the panel while the left has about a 1/4 of space...The panel wont line up no matter what I do. Although this panel is much better than the last visually, its just as bad fitment wise. Once again I have another part that doesn't fit, not to mention the time all of this has taken. Its almost been 4 months! and I still dont have a panel that fits.:evil:

And there were a few other problems like the tailight trim had nowhere to screw onto, and the reverse lights didnt line up in the center at all(its hard to tell by the picture but in person it looks bad)

This is the right side with the studs in place(sorta)

photo-5.jpg

And here is the left side with the studs not fitting in place with the right side studs in place.

photo-6.jpg

here is the gap between the panel and body on the right side

photo-3.jpg

here is the gap between the body and panel on the left side

photo-4.jpg

And heres a side angle of what it looks like

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

i see 2 things wrong with your pictures, 1st your car is all banged up.

2nd you are doing it wrong you need to take off the lights install them in the panel and put the whole assembly on to the car, you should have done that before assuming the part doesn't work, if you did the same with the first one its no surprise you couldn't make it work.

Paulo.

i see 2 things wrong with your pictures, 1st your car is all banged up.

it should still fit and not be off massively on one side

2nd you are doing it wrong you need to take off the lights install them in the panel and put the whole assembly on to the car

no ♥♥♥♥. *facepalm*

hes setting it up there to show that the bolts dont line up and it dosent even fit evenly on the car