HybridZ

caant deside what motor. rb25det or 1jz/2jz

sexy sam

At first I'd say if you wanna keep it in the family go RB, but... This is HybridZ... Keeping it in the family is just a non-issue... So let's look at this analytically...

The RB:

Better Heads IMO

Small Displacement Revvy Motor

Similar Mounts/Easier Fab work.

The 2J:

More Displacement

More Tractable power band (more torque provided you're not building a motor that is useless below 5k, but if you were I think you'd already know what route you'd be taking)

Came Factory in the USofA... I think this is the most important, since the JZ came in a couple of USDM Toyota's, it's way easier to get parts in this country, and not have to wait for something rare...

But it is kind of a heavy monster...

1J:

Kind of a hybrid of both, revvy, less torque, but some 2J parts will swap over... It has a stronger bottom end IMO than the RB with a full counter crankshaft.

Throw it all together and I'd say if weight isn't much of an Issue go 2JZ, there's already tons of aftermarket parts out there by US mfg's so you'll get direct support and even though I don't think it's head is quite as good, it's already been proven by many performance groups that it still has Zero problem making horsepower.

• 4 weeks later...