HybridZ

Rover aluminum V8's with carbs - old school!!!

From a cool factor I think it would be awesome. I think that engine was used in old Buicks from the 60's before it was sold to Rover.

Yes I agree!!! COOOOOL

I knew about the long history...and a lot of cheap parts avail. for those old motors...I am actually going turbo:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=149969

The buick/rover is one of the lightest v8s ever made. Lighter then a lot of 4 cylinders.

The heads are not that flash, make a bit of torque but not much hp. The later rover blocks are a much better place to start. I think they have 4 bolt mains and so forth.

Douglas

The buick/rover is one of the lightest v8s ever made. Lighter then a lot of 4 cylinders.

The heads are not that flash, make a bit of torque but not much hp. The later rover blocks are a much better place to start. I think they have 4 bolt mains and so forth.

Douglas

There is a lot of information out there on mods...From the English Guys and others

Id stay away from anything rover 4.0 or 4.6 wise .. there notoriously bad they are overbored 3.5’s and the liners (needed due to the fact they are all aluminum, and not like the bmw v8s treated alumin)

are way to thin causing them to slip… (read crack) so you can toss the engine .. it is not a question about IF they do it but WHEN..

This makes finding a good used one fairly hard and expensive ( $2000 and up) but new improved ones expensive aswel.

And this is not all hearsay I Drive a Range Rover 4.6HSE as a tow vehicle … and im on my second engine..

I allmost dropped a chevy sbc in .. but there is no easy support for the electronics the Land Rover has plenty of.

search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Anl%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=nl&q=slipped+liners+in+4.6&meta=&btnG=Google+zoeken

Id stay away from anything rover 4.0 or 4.6 wise .. there notoriously bad they are overbored 3.5’s and the liners (needed due to the fact they are all aluminum, and not like the bmw v8s treated alumin)

are way to thin causing them to slip… (read crack) so you can toss the engine .. it is not a question about IF they do it but WHEN..

This makes finding a good used one fairly hard and expensive ( $2000 and up) but new improved ones expensive aswel.

And this is not all hearsay I Drive a Range Rover 4.6HSE as a tow vehicle … and im on my second engine..

I allmost dropped a chevy sbc in .. but there is no easy support for the electronics the Land Rover has plenty of.

search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Anl%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=nl&q=slipped+liners+in+4.6&meta=&btnG=Google+zoeken

That's good to know...So I could run the 3.5L turbo'ed?

It's sounding like I should run a q45 v-8 LOL