HybridZ

Starting My Custom Dash, 280zx

V8_DatZun

Nope none as of yet. I've been shaving the rear and havent had time to work on the dash right now. Still have to get a GPS so i can make the mount for it (will be used as my speedo) and then i can pretty much finish it up. I'll post pics... It DEFINITELY hasn't died though.. just on the back burner for now.

Plagiarism, outright plagiarism. I've had almost that same exact design in the back of my head for a year now. I'll be contacting the admins to see how you got it without me knowing :wink:

Seriously, that looks nice. Once you finish the fiberglass shell, how are you going to attach it to the body? and is that center console going to leave room for both the steering wheel, and your knuckles, it looks a little close in the pictures. As for the fabric, from what I've been able to find, speaker cover fabric works really well for that.

Yes, I've got room for the steering wheel. It's a kind of close fit, but not so close that it will bother me. Also i'm thinking of moving the ignition switch down to the bottom side of the center console. LoL and if you havent noticed steeltoad, you and i have alot of the same ideas when it comes to our cars. I think i'm going with ZG flares though. What engine are you going to use? I've already got SBC 383 stroker with 700r4 in my car.

Behing steering wheel where speedometer ususally is will be my GPS (with speedo to cheat from having to make a cable work). Also I'm going to try and wire up green led's for turn signals (on each side of GPS), fuel gauge, and still have to decide if i'm going to run an A/C or not so i know if i need to mold in vents.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Just stumbled over this thread today. Great concept and execution. And the pics are very instructional and inspiring.

Seems though, that I'm finding a lot of threads with custom dash projects that have been started, but not completed. Any updates to this one?

• 3 weeks later...