HybridZ

Stock 240Z clutch MC not adaptable to LS1?

too weak? I'm seeing everything on Tilton 7/8, I'm assuming that the stock Z clutch MC is too weak? Reason I'm asking is because tilton 7/8 + all lines/adapters come out to be $165. I have a pretty new clutch MC (Z is 5/8, if memory serves) for my Z already

I don't think the stock one will cut it. Another option is the GM master cylinder that LS1 Z mentions in this thread (post #20):

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=100599

I opted to go with the tilton 7/8 but still have a brand new GM master like LS1 Z used. PM me if you're interested in it. You can have it on the cheap.

I used the Tilton and its mint. One word of advice though.

Grab yourself a 5/16 x 24NF tap beforehand, because you will have to tap the factory clutch pedal clevis threads to this size. Grab a nut is the same thread as well, as these parts do not come with the new Tilton piece.

If you use a Tilton, make sure you get the short one unless the washer bottle is not the same as the 280z. The long one would not clear the washer bottle so I had to get the shorter one. Also, if you take the push rod out of the Z master cylinder, you can swap it with the Tilton and will not have to tap the end on the peddle.

The Tilton I used was the 75-875U. I kept the Tilton pushrod because i figured I would need more throw using the 7/8" rather than the stock MC, that's all.

If i need to cut it down to size, then I can, but with the Datsun pushrod, you can't make it longer if the clutch on the LS1 won't disengage all the way.

Jay