HybridZ

No Spark, strange coil issue.

TooSlowToCare

I finally got my harness made, and i can't seem to get spark. I'm running a ms1 v3.57 board with msns_e029 code loaded, and the board jumpered like the diyautotune article says (i jumpered from the pad on r26 to IGBTIN and cut out C12 and C30 then jumered D1) in a 73 240z. I'm getting rpm signal in megatune when cranking.

The only thing i can think of, is that i may have my coil wiring wrong since there was some discrepency in wiring to the + terminal and getting my stock tach to work. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=126686 I wired the coil as best as i could see fit, but i have power to my test light on both + and - terminals of the coil under cranking. I tried every combination of looping the three wires from my stock 240z wiring to the coil, but none of them made a difference.

Could i have botched the coil wiring and cause it not to fire? I checked continuity on pin 36 going to the - terminal and it was fine, but i didn't have a chance to see if pin36 was even sending signal. Maybe Matt can confirm that i did the jumper correctly, since the writeup was for a v3.0 board and the 3.57 is a little different.

Thanks in advance guys, i need to get this car on the road asap.

If you test the board on a Stimulator, does the IG LED pulse?

I don't have a stimulator board. The two led's lit up when i set the timing at my dizzy, and one flashed while cranking the car.

And jeffer, by following the diyautotune write-up, is making a jumper from igbtout to igbtin an actual step, or is it what cutting out the C's and making jumper from r26 to igbtin is doing? I'm a little confused there. If i need to jumper from out to in, how should i go about doing it? I've had two different people work on jumpering this board, and i feel like this step may have been skipped.

*Edit - I hooked the test light up to pin36 today while trying to turn the engine over. I didn't get any signal, though i don't know if the pin will even send enough signal to trigger a test light. And according to diy's article about adding in a jumper for igbt's on 3.57 board's, it seems like jumpering igbtout to igbtin isn't a step. http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/using_bosch_bip373s_with_megasquirt.htm Was cutting out C12 and C30 a necessary step, as well as jumpering D1? The differences between the 3.0 layout and the 3.57 are getting me a little confused. I just find it odd ms is getting an rpm signal but not firing the coil.

And jeffer, by following the diyautotune write-up, is making a jumper from igbtout to igbtin an actual step, or is it what cutting out the C's and making jumper from r26 to igbtin is doing? I'm a little confused there. If i need to jumper from out to in, how should i go about doing it? I've had two different people work on jumpering this board, and i feel like this step may have been skipped.

On V3.0 boards, it is an actual step, but on V3.57 boards, this jumper was removed. The center hole of Q16 goes straight to pin 36.

*Edit - I hooked the test light up to pin36 today while trying to turn the engine over. I didn't get any signal, though i don't know if the pin will even send enough signal to trigger a test light. And according to diy's article about adding in a jumper for igbt's on 3.57 board's, it seems like jumpering igbtout to igbtin isn't a step. http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/using_bosch_bip373s_with_megasquirt.htm Was cutting out C12 and C30 a necessary step, as well as jumpering D1? The differences between the 3.0 layout and the 3.57 are getting me a little confused. I just find it odd ms is getting an rpm signal but not firing the coil.
These are not necessary steps, but do not hurt either.

Pin 36 does not send out a voltage, but you can get a test light to blink if you use an LED type test light, connect the negative wire of the light to S5 or pin 36, and connect the positive end to a 12 volt source.

On V3.0 boards, it is an actual step, but on V3.57 boards, this jumper was removed. The center hole of Q16 goes straight to pin 36.

These are not necessary steps, but do not hurt either.

Pin 36 does not send out a voltage, but you can get a test light to blink if you use an LED type test light, connect the negative wire of the light to S5 or pin 36, and connect the positive end to a 12 volt source.

On my board, Q16 is not populated. I went back and saw where the BIP373 isn't included with the board, so i'm assuming this is my issue.