HybridZ

T04B35 Mounted on stock manifold. (pics)

rocks

I have had this 1981 for about two months. I think over that 2 months I have read so much on this site my head hurts. I had a t04b that I had got for free, along with a t4 flange. I had too dig them out as I couldn't remember where they were at. I stick welded the manifold with a 6010 rod inside and out. I also pre heated it with a torch. Next is the wastegate pipe when I can find a place out here that sells some schedule 40 pipe. This turbo should be good for about 300-350 whp without blowing a bunch of hot air. I hope.

280zx1.jpg

280zx2.jpg

280zx3.jpg

280zx4.jpg

.60 compressor housing and a .81 exhaust housing. I had measured the wheels a long time ago probably over two years ago. If I remember its either an S or H trim. I can't really order anything right now which sucks. Decided to go back to school for welding due to the oilfield dropping out. I am trying to do it out of as many free parts as possible. I have a top mount intercooler out of a subaru I am going to use as a front mount. Its aftermarket so its pretty damn big.

• 1 month later...

I have found out the specs on the turbo. I had to put an old hard drive in my computer and found a file from where I had measured the wheels. It has a V-trim compressor with a P trim turbine. From what I have found its possible to make around 400whp on a 4 banger with about 25 psi. So around 15 on pump with a 2.8l should hopefully be fun :flamedevi. If it is not enough power it is possible to put a 60-1 wheel in it for around 200-300$.

T04B35 Specs

Compressor

2.18" inducer

2.75" exducer

turbine

2.86" inducer

2.53" exducer

Holset Hx35 measured from my friends wrx.

hx 35 wheel diameters

Compressor

2.362 inducer

3.328 exducer

Turbine

2.753 inducer

2.364 exducer