HybridZ

How cool is it for your FIRST ride to be in a Twin Turbo Z???

1 fast z

So as some of you know, My wife and I were pregnant (well she was but you get the idea). Our sons due date was 6-23-09. Well here we were on 7-1-09 and the doctors did not like how long it was taking so they were going to induce labor on 7-2 at 7:30 am. Well at midnight of 7-2 (7 hours before scheduled induction) Jocelyn (wife) went into labor. Well 12 hours later at 12:01 PM Our son, Ethan David Blake was born. 8lbs, 22" long. Healthy as an ox :). For his first car ride home I thought it would be cool to bring him home in the Fairlady. It was 109 degrees outside when we brought him home from the hospital! For all of you guys that have extra time, here is a home vid of the ride.

DSCN1657-600x450.jpg

BTW, does anyone know of a cheap editing software, or even free on the web? The video was 13 min long, but youtube did not want to have any vids longer than ten minutes. I mainly just want a software to shorten vids. Anyone have any ideas?

Congratulations!!!

BTW, if all you wanna do is shorten it, Windows Movie Maker can even do that.

^^ yes, I would suggest Winblows Movie Maker as well since I presume you don't have a MAC which I believe also has video editing in their OS.

Hey Jocelyn & Bryan,

What good news and what a memory for young Ethan. Glad that mother and child are in good health. How about you? Now tell me what one of your rides will be his FIRST ride???

john

Guest thatzguy

Ok, I'll commend you on your efforts to build a true one of a kind bad ass engineered Z car AND congrats on becoming a parent. It's a truly amazing experience.

I understand your excitement to jump your son into Z cars and the likes of the automotive world, etc... HOWEVER, I must say that this was an extremely stupid thing to do.

:cuss:

First of all, this is your newborn child... don't you want their first trip home (as well as any trip as a child especially) to absolutely be the safest trip?! An old Z car is furthest from the safest place that child should be for his 1st car ride. One small accident in that tin can and your baby is gone, FOREVER. :banghead:

My friend was sitting in traffic at a stop recently in his Z car and a heavy duty dually truck not paying attention rear ended him, pushing the whole rear end of the Z into the back of his seat basically. The Z was pretty much 1/2 the size in length after the accident, he survived with multiple broken bones and bruising, BUT the only thing that saved his life is was his car was fully caged and prevented the truck from fully plowing his Z into a sardine can.

Moving on...

Second of all, a baby belongs in the rear seat of a car (usually by law for safety reasons), definitely NOT in the front seat. And in my opinion, not even the back seat of a Datsun Z car in your case.

Third of all, WTF were you thinking video taping while driving?! :shock: Not only did you put your newborn kid at risk already with the first 2 things stated, BUT also this, this one is the WORST! Put yourself at risk, fine, but now you're taking responsibility for your wife in the car and your child, let alone a new born.

Did you not want your kid to survive his 2nd day of life? I'd hate for you to be burying your baby cuz of your careless mistakes.

Not a great way to start your new parenting.

This video alone could have social services knocking at your door and questioning your ability to raise a child.

Pure stupidity and major irresponsibility as a parent.

I hope you grow up and realize your mistakes and completely rethink the way you go about things in your life now, you're caring for a child, not a toy. :malebitch

His time in life will come when he can enjoy the things his daddy does, but now is NOT that time. Just some words of wisdom that I hope you've learned.

• Administrators

thatzguy, your intentions are appreciated, but your timing is not. This is a day of celebration thread, not a first time posters rant thread.

Guest thatzguy
thatzguy, your intentions are appreciated, but your timing is not. This is a day of celebration thread, not a first time posters rant thread.

I understand that and I first gave him praise on his little new one.

(Remainder deleted. PM on the way -RTz)

Edited by RTz

The turbo car is probably the most quiet car I own. It is really quiet. I was brought home in a 1970 Buick GSX that ran 12's in the quater. Infact my sisters were also brought home in the same car. My sisters kids were brought home in the GSX also. Sadly that car has a blown motor now. Do you see anything wrong with my driving? Was I doing 100MPH burnouts? Geeze, Here I come just to show joy, and relating to z cars. I guess I should of just kept my enjoyment to myself. I guess I also should not havebeen holding my son yesterday when I was bunjee jumping either (rolls eyes) .

[deleted]

Man, I'd really love to see your car at least once. it's a work of engineering art.

it's definitely a quiet car too. that surprises me. I didn't know it was that mild mannered

Congrats on the kid! I wish I got to have my first ride in such a unique car.

Edited by johnc

Guest thatzguy
The turbo car is probably the most quiet car I own. It is really quiet. I was brought home in a 1970 Buick GSX that ran 12's in the quater. Infact my sisters were also brought home in the same car. My sisters kids were brought home in the GSX also. Sadly that car has a blown motor now. Do you see anything wrong with my driving? Was I doing 100MPH burnouts? Geeze, Here I come just to show joy, and relating to z cars. I guess I should of just kept my enjoyment to myself. I guess I also should not havebeen holding my son yesterday when I was bunjee jumping either (rolls eyes) .

Look man, drive your kid in whatever car you want.

The main concern is your holding your video camera to record the trip and looking all over with it while driving your new born home, I would think it'd be a little more common sense to be paying attention to the road to make sure he gets home safe.

Let your wife hold the camera and record, you should be worried about driving the car and the road you're on and only driving the car to get your family home safe.

he's not though...both hands are firmly on the wheel, and I'm going to assume his wife is in the back seat, recording the wonderful ride.

No, he's holding it and driving... he turns his shoulder videotaping (while driving on the freeway) to introduce his wife and you can see both of her arms at her side.

He's holding the cam with his right hand and driving with his left. You can see both of the wife's arms, and in the video you can see her using both arms to attend to the child.

Anyway... be safe is all I'm suggesting.