HybridZ

Got my arse whooped today...

Mikelly

So I says to my business partner and best buddy Barry "Next Tuesday, the 7th is my Bday and I'm gonna go Dirtbike riding... Wanta go?" So of course, Barry who has raced Pikes Peak, races supermoto and harescrambles say "Uh hell yea"... So we pick up another buddy along the way and today we head out to a trail I've never been to... It's called "Taskers Gap"

Here are video clips others have shot... http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Taskers+Gap&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=IuNTSvmDItW8lAewzNnlCA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4#

We rode for 4 hours... All was going well... I was in a fast right hand sweeper, that transitioned to the left and I was leading into the berm when it "broke". The F'n Berm just went AWAY!... GONE... See ya... Enough of you bastards been riding me to hard, so I"m just gonna break away NOW.

I hit so hard, and so fast that there was no warning... No time to think "this is really gonna hurt on my 43rd BDay..." JUst WHAM... Ugh... OUch... PAIN... Sliding in rocks... I'm in 3rd gear when I went down, so I'm guessing I was clicking along at above 30MPH... Pretty good fall... My fat little arse has rash on the left side and I'm really gonna feel it tomorrow...

But man, it was SOOOOOOO much fun... What a great place to ride...

Mike

• Administrators

Happy Birthday Mike... Sunds like you had a good time... :2thumbs:

... and you delivered a signature worthy quote...

My fat little arse has rash on the left side and I'm really gonna feel it tomorrow...

Mike

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Edited by BRAAP

I hit so hard, and so fast that there was no warning... No time to think "this is really gonna hurt on my 43rd BDay..." JUst WHAM... Ugh... OUch... PAIN... Sliding in rocks... I'm in 3rd gear when I went down, But man, it was SOOOOOOO much fun... What a great place to ride...

Mike

I like that one! :mrgreen:

Sounds like you had fun...don't stay in the Belview hospital too long :burnout:

Sounds like a great way to spend your birthday, besides the injury part. I went down pretty hard earlier this year riding some tight single track, terrain wasn't quite as rocky as in that video though. I feel for ya, even the slow speed spills on the rocky stuff leave me sore the next morning.

Happy Birthday, Mike!

I thought I've lectured you on this "I'm trying to act young" stuff before. :icon56::mrgreen:

Sorry, I'm just such a puss about pain - I don't do that stuff - not for the last 30 years anyway! LOL!

Donna nursed you back to health yet, old man? :flamedevi