HybridZ

280zx Turbo Help!!!

JLuis

I have a 1983 280zx Turbo. The turbo went bad about 6 years ago and had to remove it. Unfortunately I never replaced it so I have been driving the car without the turbo ever since. I connected the Intake Tube straight to the J-Pipe in order to make the car function. Because of that my idle is a bit off, but works fine. Until a few days ago when I removed the J-Pipe and Intake Tube to shortened the amount of time it takes for the Intake Manifold to receive air in which worked a bit better. The only issue I had is getting the Air Flow Meter to fit with the Air Filter portion. So I assembled back to how it was and now the car starts but turns off within a few seconds. Any idea of what might have happen? How can I convert it to non-turbo? I currently have an extra non-turbo manifold so I may need a few parts. Thank for your help and support.

I have to say this is some what of a stretch.

The site is dedicated to making these cars better. Some neutral stuff gets allowed, but you are going back wards.

Why not just get the turbo rebuilt? I'm sure it will give you a smile;)