HybridZ

Marriage on the line...Computer Geeks needed

Dayz

Hi,

I need your help regarding different version of MSN messenger/Windows meesenger. Hear me out:

I registered on messenger in 2000 +/- couple years, I believe in 2003 when a new version came I put on a profile: picture, some sentences and "single" as a status.

When I got with my present wife, 5 years ago, I stopped using forms of chatting and never touched it again...I kept using hotmail from time to time.

Yesterday, she found a profile, the one wrote between 2002-2004 which I believe to be messenger 6.0. Again, it now seems to be a new facebook or something, excuse my ignorance. I need to know If I could have input that status in 2003 in a profile? Anyone has a page that shows the old profile, or can confirm that the status what an option at that time?

Again, I don't understand the whole concept and all the MSN softwares/Apps, please help me out. It is very sad to be losing someone for something you haven't done.

Thanks for all you help, to help me understand what I did in the past, and why is it on a new "live messenger concept/facebook" that I never wanted to be part of. There are so many apps...I am lost.

Hope you understand my question: Was there a Status (single, married...) in a msn/hotmail profile back in 2003? How can I show her...not much time left for me to come up with the true answer and proof.

Dayz

Guys - Yes you are right. Let's say it out loud. It might be a tip of the iceberg type of thing, we had our shares of issues as everyone else, she came from a 12 years relationship where the ex cheated on her many many times...either way we all have our way to see life.

She thinks I put Single in the years I was with her and possibly cheated on her, or just curiosity...that's what started this serious argument.

Please help me out for MY sake of mind, at least that will show something...if it ends, so be it we have to live with it, but I would walk out with respect at least for this.

Thanks guys...Please stay away from the bigger problems, that would be another post! I didn't expect this one. I just want a simple life, with her, building my Z car and enjoying life with close friends. Why is it difficult !!! Lol

Dayz

Yeah, the profile information remains the same throughout all the upgrades that MSN does to their profile system. I recently had to change all of mine because it was all from when I was FOURTEEN. and that was 7 years ago.

they basically just retain all the old information and change the layout and design of their profile site.

Dayz,

If you are happily married and have spoken the truth go and delete the account if you don't use it anymore and it sounds like you don't.

She should trust what you say and you actions and by explaining to her that it was from years back before you two were together then I agree with the above comments.

Get rid of the account and be done with it. If it makes you feel any better have her sit there will you do it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_3391534_delete-msn-messenger-profile.html

Then try this to get rid of the software after deleting the account: http://psacake.com/web/iu.asp

Good Luck,

Guest Rolling Parts

I think you have the whole situation backwards.

Just because SHE has some goofy suspicion does not mean that YOU have to do some sort of technical gymnastics to "prove your innocence". SHE has to prove that the selection of one radio button in some old profile equals infidelity. That's a frikken HUGE stretch in her imagination that she's trying to make.

What's next? Your Z breaks down on the way home tonight and she demands proof that you did make up the story as an excuse to visit a girl at Autozone?

You cant reason with emotional people.

Trying to do so is a textbook Kobayashi Maru (all make-believe and a no win scenario).

Only way to win is: a) actually do cheat at this point or b)tell her that you're so computer illiterate that if you were cheating with the computer that there should be must be SOMETHING more that she could find on the PC to confirm such an allegation. I'd suggest the latter.

"I just want a simple life, with her, building my Z car..."

Errrrr......, you want a simple life AND to build a Z car??!?!?

Lower your goals, my friend, and set the bar a bit lower. Simple equals Prius, not a Z. (Of course, it also equals boring...)

Only way to win is: a) actually do cheat at this point or b)tell her that you're so computer illiterate that if you were cheating with the computer that there should be must be SOMETHING more that she could find on the PC to confirm such an allegation. I'd suggest the latter.

Also, make sure hte original poster changes name legally to James Tiberius Kirk?

to the original poster: the profile data is stored on the server, not locally and is not relevant to messenger version. You would have to login to the messenger site, ie login.live.com, and go to preferences and edit your details. Or options from new messenger itself. Check account info tab as well.

If for some reason that doesn't work, you would have to find an older version of MSN (comes standard with a fresh build of windows XP, default location is C:Program FilesMessengermsmsgs.exe on windows XP systems, and unless you removed it manually, should still be there), login with your hotmail account or whatever you used before.

and go to tools->options, see if there's anything there you can change.

Facebook is not associated with messenger though, so if there's a facebook account that you didn't create, I'd be worried why someone set up a facebook account in your name with your pictures

Guys,

Thanks for the info. I might be wasting my time on this, but one thing I have is my word...therefore understanding how things work and explaining it to her. Her understanding is another story, but at least she has the info.

I am trying to understand where I put a profile back in 2003, I know it was related to MSN, and why was it on Windows live yesterday? Should we accept to register or something? or they just keep the profile stored with MSN and transfer it to every applications related to windows?

I erased all the data, I can seem to delete the account without deleting my Hotmail account. She is telling me that I was on a network with a profile on Windows Live?? What network? I understand more what the whole thing does, I am just not understanding why I am there without accepting to be there.

Thanks for your help guys,

Dayz

microsoft hotmail is windows live, it's the same network. hotmail got bought out by microsoft a few years ago, and all of their data has been merged into LIVE! accounts. So, what happened is what your old hotmail profile was imported along with millions of others into Microsoft's LIVE! network.

When you signed up with MSN messaging service, you used your hotmail account. When the MSN account is created, it makes a web profile that matches that information. Now, MSN and LIVE! are linked as well, see where this is going?

So basically your old profile was imported. Point out to your wife that your activity hasn't been shown in a few years. Hell, link her to this thread so she can see what's going on.

PM me with email/account you used, so I can research and help you, if you want (don't send me passwords)

Aux,

So the profile I input many years back in Hotmail carried over to Windows Live automatically, and I became a member of a network without me knowing it?

I went to the profile to delete the data, I saw people requesting me...how does that work, How do they see my profile, I don't even know them. ( In those request, there were girls which didn't help the thing.)

Can someone confirms with me from memory that relationship status was an option in 2003?

I owe some of you guys a Drink...Next time I am in your area :)

Funny thing, I would rather do the whole wiring on a car than deal with this!!

Dayz

great! I need LS1/240z wiring, and I suck at it. Trade you skill sets :)

Yeah, that used to be an option on the profile for MSN/hotmail to set your status as single/in relationship/married/divorced. I think they took it out in newer versions for LIVE, but retained the old imported stuff.

People request you without your consent - it's like junk mail being sent to you without being asked for it. Once someone gets a hold of an email (often times, mass mailer scripts generate guessable emails and email out, whatever doesn't get rejected they reuse.) I've had some email addresses that have never been published ANYWHERE get spam mail from out of nowhere.

Aux,

What do you mean, they took it out and reinstated it? (status I mean) Would it be possible to find an old "print screen" picture of what the old profile looked like and /or what options were there.

I feel bad putting that on there, but know that you guys are helping me out !!

Thanks

Dayz

"I went to the profile to delete the data, I saw people requesting me...how does that work, How do they see my profile, I don't even know them."

There are a lot of lonely internet dorks out there, looking for friends. (Not referring to anyone on this board tho...)

Example: A guest posted pics of my wedding on facebook. Since I wanted to see the pics but I have zero interest in being on facebook, I created an alias with absolutely no personal data. By the end of the day, I had a dozen friend requests! (which I believe is the modern definition of "desperately lonely")

I don't want to sound like a lonely internet dork who gives relationship advice on a car message board BUT... your wife is holding you to an impossible standard -- you can't be held accountable for what other people do.

Your wife can be cheating on you already as you try to find a "solution" to your problem. She's just using this lame excuse to find a reason to break it off with you, and this whole ordeal about your old profile is just the means to do it.

Just a thought.....not trying to be an @$$.

Has she been irritated at you lately for no apparent reason?

Does it seem like she tries to find reasons for a pointless fight daily?

Does she go to the store late at night to get something....probably... 8------(l)?

Has she dressed up more than usual?

Does she shower right when she gets home?

If you've answered yes to any of those questions....she's probably cheating on you.

I noticed something odd about datsun owners, they usually end up single. Or are already divorced.

Reason being, back then while searching for my first Z i would find ads that state, "Selling Z due to divorce." "Or wife or GF says car has to go or it's over"....I think the time a Datsun Z requires is more than a human relationship over a long period of time can handle. And with these tough economic times, it's even worse.

Just drop your spouse, and find someone who loves the Datsun as much as you do, otherwise you'll be doomed to singledom :).

I don't know if your wife enjoys your Zcar's or not, but i'm assuming she doesn't, and the Z is probably another one of the issues that you have with her.

Goodluck!!!