HybridZ

LS3 build thread. Z-VETTE

Guest NESS89

lol. No videos yet, but as soon as i get it running again there will be plenty of videos up. For now heres some more updated pix, i finished the front end, brakes and suspension is all done and all new poly bushings installed, now its time to attack the rear.

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys. I'm glad my project can inspire others that are out to do the same. I'm going with the rota rbr wheels in gloss black , the old wheels and tires are currently up for sale. Havnt done anything to the Z lately, waiting for the rear wheel bearings and seals so I can start assembling the rear suspension and brakes. Then wait. For the wheels and put this beast back on the road again. Can't wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Heres a small update as I wait for more parts and the wheels. I plumed up the proportioning valve and mounted it up next to my turn signal indicators.

Bought some 3/16 line and had to insert a metric fitting on one end and a standard one on the other so it can thread into the master cylinder and the proportioning valve with out a much of adapters.

Also painted up the rear struts and inserted the new wheel studs for the back. As soon as i get my stub axles flanges for the z31 shafts from Modern Motorsports ill be able to finish it all up and drive it again, cant wait.:o

Oh and i also cleaned up the rear where the spare wheel goes and gave it a fresh coat of pait.

sorry for the blurry cell phone pics. lol

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

Looking very nice. I am right behind you on my project. I am in the process of painting the engine bay and underneath the car. At the same time I am restoring all the suspension parts. I just spray painted the crossmember but didn't like the result. So I decide to buy myself the powder coating kit. I am waiting to get a beat up oven to start powder coating the parts.

Looking very nice. I am right behind you on my project. I am in the process of painting the engine bay and underneath the car. At the same time I am restoring all the suspension parts. I just spray painted the crossmember but didn't like the result. So I decide to buy myself the powder coating kit. I am waiting to get a beat up oven to start powder coating the parts.

Man i was going to do the same thing, get a powder coating kit and do all my control arms an small brackets, I was even ready to trade my old brake and suspension parts for a old oven. Then i remembered one small detail, i have no where to put an oven, living at home with my parents is kind a pita, gotta get my own shop.

auxilary, you gotta stop by work check it out when i get it back on the road.

Man i was going to do the same thing, get a powder coating kit and do all my control arms an small brackets, I was even ready to trade my old brake and suspension parts for a old oven. Then i remembered one small detail, i have no where to put an oven, living at home with my parents is kind a pita, gotta get my own shop.

auxilary, you gotta stop by work check it out when i get it back on the road.

how can you afford to do this all in HS :eek:

even though my mother is my main supporter for my auto-x and part addiction, and I make money on the side lol. I still can barely keep that damned l28 running.

how can you afford to do this all in HS :eek:

even though my mother is my main supporter for my auto-x and part addiction, and I make money on the side lol. I still can barely keep that damned l28 running.

hahahahhahahhahah, just working, selling stuff (car related), and saving up for parts, and im actually in college living at home, its the same like in high school to me though.

awesome build man, where in the bay area do you live? im in san jose

Thanks man. Im in San Leandro area by Oakland.

ness: definitely will! I stopped by last time, but you were pretty busy with customers.

Also, what suspension parts do you have, because capt_furious needs some springs for his Z (that aren't retardedly short)

Yea it tends to get kind of busy around the place, but i actually sold all my old stuff already, I was all excited about the oven then thought about it and wouldnt be able to put it anywhere so i just sold my old suspension and brakes. The only thing i have left is the old exhaust system, if you need that let me know, have to get rid of it.:)

hahahahhahahhahah, just working, selling stuff (car related), and saving up for parts, and im actually in college living at home, its the same like in high school to me though.

Thanks man. Im in San Leandro area by Oakland.

Yea it tends to get kind of busy around the place, but i actually sold all my old stuff already, I was all excited about the oven then thought about it and wouldnt be able to put it anywhere so i just sold my old suspension and brakes. The only thing i have left is the old exhaust system, if you need that let me know, have to get rid of it.:)

So, when is it going to be complete and whats your asking price? :lol:

I use to live in Hayward just a few miles away from you, when its done I'd like to check it out if you wouldn't mind, anyhow nice wor.k

So, when is it going to be complete and whats your asking price? :lol:

I use to live in Hayward just a few miles away from you, when its done I'd like to check it out if you wouldn't mind, anyhow nice wor.k

Hopefully its complete by the end of summer or so, if i had parts Id be able to finish it up but it all depends when stuff comes in. When it is done this car is definately not going to be for sale, this one is staying with me for a loooong time,:eek: and yea you can stop by check it out when i get it back on the road and off the jack stands.:mrgreen:

Alright, another small update, I have to sneak in some work between crazy rain and thunder. Finished the suspension in the rear, the coilovers, struts, springs, polyurethane bushings and control arms are finally installed. Im still waiting for parts from Modern Modersport, but as soon as that comes in i will be mounting up the rest of the brakes and CV axles. Heres a few pics.

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oooooh man, finally some parts came in. Got the billet sub axles from MM a couple days ago, went down to my local autoparts store and got the rear CV axles. After a huge ordeal of getting misboxed parts i had to special order the right ones. So now im only waiting for the driver side axle to come in, I also went to blead the brakes and one line started to leak from the proportioning valve.

Went down to Kim to pick up my Rota wheels, got the tires mounted and finally put them on the car. Soo close to driving it again. Heres one pic, more to come.....

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg