HybridZ

LS3 build thread. Z-VETTE

Guest NESS89

Thanks! As soon as get the cage done ill be dissasembling everything and getting it ready to send it in for paint. Its going to be a dark charcoal black with a metal flake, kinda dark grey in the sun and more black in the shade.

haha. You're doing everything I wish I was doing with my car. LS3, coilovers, flares, 9.5" RBRs, gunmetal paint.... I should be getting a real job soon so I can actually do all that stuff :D

Please list details when you decide on a paint, I wanted a paint that looks black at night and silvery in direct sunlight.

I really like this colour

eurocrave-031.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest NESS89

, I wanted a paint that looks black at night and silvery in direct sunlight.

Thats exactly the look im going for, tha BMW color is awsome, Ive never seen that one before. The color i was looking at is called M190 i think, i have it written down somewhere. Its a mercedes metalic color that goes from a dark gunmetal to black with a little bit of a blue flake in the sun. But now that i look at that beemer it makes me want to paint it that color.

New look, flat black.

1270603777_picsay-1270603777.jpg

Our cars look simular. I actually already ordered the same wheels (all four x9.5s though) which should be here in the next couple of days. hahaha you just stay in the bay and I will stay up here in Sac and we should be fine. LOL.jk

Its a 73 with a 350/350 that I will be swapping to 5spd this weekend. I just bought it like a week ago from a guy here locally off of Craigslist. Has an older 350 with fuely heads, SS 2.02 valves, 1:6 roller rockers, cam, weiand intake, edelbrock carb, full 3" exhaust, homemade looking headers, built th350 with shift kit and 2600 stall converter, accel distributor. It moves but is not as fast as I think it could be. I don't know whats up but the engine plate looks janky so I have a lot of things to work on! They molded in the rear flares and failed to cut out the old metal fenders. Since the pics I lowered it a little and put 1 1/2" spacers in the rear making it a little more flush. I am going to most likley going to be doing the suspension next with s13 coilovers and T3 camber plates.

I have always wanted one. Now I just need to start replacing the rusty floorboards and stuff. I think I will paint mine kind of a gold/greenish color.

4614308802_1603b35290_b.jpg

4614305558_32347670a6_b.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of my Corona I sold to get this car. It just didn't have enough room for a v8 and parts for it were super hard to come by.

4536208787_9bf4fb75f6_b.jpg

4536744832_6131119787_b.jpg

4536822350_c1ededa936_b.jpg

Josh

Edited by jrb1449

• 1 year later...
Guest NESS89

Here is an update no one should ever have to do about their own cars. Just to let everyone know me and everyone that was involved are ok and almost 100% back to normal.

IMG_2384.png

Here is an update no one should ever have to do about their own cars. Just to let everyone know me and everyone that was involved are ok and almost 100% back to normal.

IMG_2384.png

Crunch time....

What happened?

Guest NESS89

Crunch time....

What happened?

Some retard was parked in the middle of the road at night with all his lights off. The way the street is layed out you cant see the end of the road, so by the time i saw a car in front of me it was too late. Even with Wilwood brakes all the way around, i cant stop a car doing 60 in a split second. So i hit the back of the other car doing about 60mph, my girl friend was in the passenger seat, and two people in the other car. I was the only one seriously injured, broke my leg in four places, fractured my C7 in my neck and was in the hospital for a week. Not fun at all

Some retard was parked in the middle of the road at night with all his lights off. The way the street is layed out you cant see the end of the road, so by the time i saw a car in front of me it was too late. Even with Wilwood brakes all the way around, i cant stop a car doing 60 in a split second. So i hit the back of the other car doing about 60mph, my girl friend was in the passenger seat, and two people in the other car. I was the only one seriously injured, broke my leg in four places, fractured my C7 in my neck and was in the hospital for a week. Not fun at all

Sounds like fun. I have more than a few auto related (street and track) injuries that resulted in surgeries on my knees, shoulders, and right arm. Its the primary reason I am 'semi-retired' from drag racing.

Tell me the law sided with you on this since its illegal to park in the middle of the road w/o flashers and/or running lights?

IMG_2384.png

Man I hate to see that and I was just looking at your build not too long ago since I'm building an LS3 280. Don't give up and build you another one. I'm sure you can salvage a lot of parts from it.

Glad you and your friends are ok.

Guest NESS89

Sounds like fun. I have more than a few auto related (street and track) injuries that resulted in surgeries on my knees, shoulders, and right arm. Its the primary reason I am 'semi-retired' from drag racing.

Tell me the law sided with you on this since its illegal to park in the middle of the road w/o flashers and/or running lights?

Nope the law sided with the other guy, even though he fled the scene when the police and ambulance came. They said there was no way to prove that he was parked in the middle of the road and since i hit him they said it was my fault.

Glad to hear you guys are ok and hope you get well soon! Sometimes it is just the stupid things in life that cause others time and pain.

Plan to build another one?

Yea, couple weeks after i got released from the hospital me and some friends stripped and gutted my 240. I was on the floor crawling around taking things apart, then chopped the car in 4 pieces and dumped it. I kept basically everything except the shell, then i found another stripped rust free 240z that i picked up and that one is a roller now.

Man I hate to see that and I was just looking at your build not too long ago since I'm building an LS3 280. Don't give up and build you another one. I'm sure you can salvage a lot of parts from it.

Glad you and your friends are ok.

Thank you, never giving up.

Edited by NESS89

That picture made your car look "hellaflush!" Glad you are OK. As soon as I build a big shop, I'm going shopping for a couple of "rust-free" 240z or early 260z tubs myself, just in case... The law always looks down on the faster, more modified car, even though the last thing we want to do is destroy our labors of love. I think you should have to have some hot-rodding on your resume' before being a cop or trooper. Kind of like you should have to be a citizen or a veteran, or to have even held an employed position to be President. The world has gone crazy and the inmates are running the asylum! Bring that idiot (the one parked in the road) to Alabama and we'll show him some southern hospitality.

I have seen some nice rides destroyed on track. I always remember that it can hapen to my ride at any time I push the limits of man and machine on track.

But... You hit a car in the middle of the road. I can see why the cops said you were at fault.

Edited by bjhines

I'm so sorry. I hit a deer last year in my pickup that someone else had already killed. It was really dark and there was a car on the side of the road (probably the car that originally hit the deer) that I was watching because I thought they were about to do a u-turn in front of me. I was going the speed limit at 50mph. Well, I didn't see the deer until it was too late to miss it. I put it between my wheels and found the down side of driving a lowered pickup. I had deer guts from one end to the other and splattered all the way thru the engine compartment up to the hood. I found body parts as big as your fist wrapped around the frame and it stunk for a year even after I put it on a lift and cleaned it with soap and water and a brush. It is easy to come upon something that isnt where it is supposed to be. There was nothing I could do to miss it.

People make mistakes, keeping your attention where it should be is key to being a good driver. I train people on and off track to drive, there is no excuse for hitting something in the middle of the road. PERIOD! There is simply NO EXCUSE, as the law reflects this as well.

Guest NESS89

I'm so sorry. I hit a deer last year in my pickup that someone else had already killed. It was really dark and there was a car on the side of the road (probably the car that originally hit the deer) that I was watching because I thought they were about to do a u-turn in front of me. I was going the speed limit at 50mph. Well, I didn't see the deer until it was too late to miss it. I put it between my wheels and found the down side of driving a lowered pickup. I had deer guts from one end to the other and splattered all the way thru the engine compartment up to the hood. I found body parts as big as your fist wrapped around the frame and it stunk for a year even after I put it on a lift and cleaned it with soap and water and a brush. It is easy to come upon something that isnt where it is supposed to be. There was nothing I could do to miss it.

WOW I hope no one was injured, besides the deer of course, it sucks when things like this happen. But it basically pushed me back on a shell only, i was able to reuse about 90% of my parts, so thats the good side of all this. Now my next one is going to be better than the last, and Ill be sure to not drive on a street where people think its ok to just stop and turn of all your lights in the middle of the road at the end of a hill at night...